1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

David Ash

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Cowboys&LakersFan, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I know you guys will probably think I'm just being a Texas homer, but I really like this kid. I don't think he'll ever be a superstar type player like Manning or Brady, but I do believe he can be a very good quarterback. Now it may take him sometime which is why I think it'd be a good idea to sit him behind Tony for a few years.

He's had a really solid season so far for the Horns granted he hasn't really faced any great defenses. 10 touchdowns, only 1 pick, a ridiculous completion percentage of 78, 1,000 passing yards, and an incredible QB rating of 184. He's been terrific. He's a mobile guy like Tony. He can run well, he's obviously very accurate. He's got a good not great arm like Romo. The only thing I don't like about him really is sometimes he's too conservative and doesn't take enough chances.

He definitely won't be a first round pick or probably even second rounder, but we should be able to get him after that. I think looking for a replacement for Tony is something that needs to happen. He doesn't have much time left especially with that crappy offensive line. His career could end in the next game. The last thing we want is having an aging quarterback and not having a viable replacement. That obviously happened to us with Aikman. Don't want that to happen again.
  2. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,384 Messages
    3,727 Likes Received
    I like Ash as well and think he has a bright future ahead of him. Last year he was a Freshman and it showed this year his play is improving week by week. I think over the course of the next 2 years he very well could develop into a top prospect. It is a little to early to think about Ash moving to the next level but I think he has the skills to become a top QB
  3. cowboyzz11

cowboyzz11 Benched

74 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    what are you serious

I fully intend this team to be in the sweepstakes for

Tyler Bray*, QB, Tennessee
    Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas

Landry "Lance" Jones, QB, Oklahoma

Alex Carder, QB, Western Michigan
  4. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,334 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    Texas quarterback. Do not want
  5. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :rolleyes:
  6. cowboyzz11

cowboyzz11 Benched

74 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    agreed he might make in AREANA LEAGUE AS a BU
  7. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,564 Messages
    141 Likes Received
    if its a big 12 QB you want, I'd prefer the KState guy....
  8. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

4,389 Messages
    1,785 Likes Received
    With Romo at 32 years old, you don't draft a QB who "probably won't be a superstar." Maybe 3-4 years ago, but now we have to start looking for a replacement. I say the next time we have a top 5 pick, we draft QB.
  9. Questfor6

Questfor6 Well-Known Member

1,315 Messages
    282 Likes Received
    The guy reminds me of McGee during his days as an Aggie. Not alot to him that stood out to me from the game I watched the other night. He's got 2 more yrs to grow though.
  10. KB1122

KB1122 Well-Known Member

1,386 Messages
    308 Likes Received
    Why would we want a quarterback who isn't going to be a superstar?
  11. Aikbach

Aikbach Well-Known Member

9,722 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    I think he and most Big 12 starting signal callers in 2012 are system players and good college players not situated to make the next step, he isn't Sam Bradford, RG3 or Geno Smith...and I'm not trying to be insulting because I do think he's a good college quarterback, but he's probably more of a Garret Gabbert, who was a solid collegiate quarterback...and not pro material.
  12. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,133 Messages
    85 Likes Received
    If we end up in top 5 we will draft Gino.He has it. And if we are drafting that high it means Romo was pretty awful.
  13. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Because you don't need a superstar quarterback to win a Super Bowl if you have a solid, steady offensive line and a great defense.
  14. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Or that his supporting cast was awful.
  15. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,334 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    Don't even know why he's being discussed. He probably won't even be drafted until he's done with his senior year in the 2015 draft
  16. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I highly doubt he stays that long.
  17. KB1122

KB1122 Well-Known Member

1,386 Messages
    308 Likes Received
    Like who? Tampa and Baltimore. And who else?
  18. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    New York Giants and Pittsburgh Steelers.

Big Ben and Eli are terrific players, but are they big time superstars like Peyton, Brady, or Rodgers? No I don't believe so.
  19. Aikbach

Aikbach Well-Known Member

9,722 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    A dynasty requires a super star quarterback.
  20. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    How about we win a Super Bowl first before we worry about becoming a dynasty?