1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

David DeCastro... After watching the video

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by BiffWellingtonIII, Mar 15, 2012.

1. BiffWellingtonIII

BiffWellingtonIII Active Member

316 Messages
    47 Likes Received
    And reading about this kid - there's NO WAY we can pass up on him. Even if it means we're passing up on an immediate impact DE.

These guys win Super Bowls as does a Tyron Smith.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8I56-rnbZ8
  2. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    There you go, pal.

[youtube]_8I56-rnbZ8[/youtube]
  3. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,304 Messages
    1,253 Likes Received
    Welcome. I think there's still room on the bandwagon, have a seat. :laugh2:
  4. Brian_C82

Brian_C82 Member

466 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think it would be worth trading up to get DeCastro. Not at all convinced he will still be around at 14.
  5. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I wouldn't be a "man that's a reach" poster if we got him. I'd be perfectly fine with it.
  6. Sitting Bull

Sitting Bull Active Member

1,433 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I will also grab a seat. Loved DeCastro before, but not with our 2011 secondary. With the addition of Carr and Pool and fingers-crossed that Arkin could be a C, I'm down with MGS ("most guaranteed starter") at #14. He's it.
  7. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,767 Messages
    1,832 Likes Received
    I really, really hope the Cowboys can get that dude!

Guys like Tyron and this DeCastro dude are something that has been missing in past drafts for I don't know how long.
  8. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

7,101 Messages
    672 Likes Received
    I'm on that bandwagon.

I'll drive it too.
  9. Prossman

Prossman Active Member

947 Messages
    47 Likes Received
    when you start counting players there is a really good chance he will be there for us, number one problem is kc but odds are one of the lts will still be there when they pick.
  10. 5Stars

26,767 Messages
    1,832 Likes Received
    I hope KC stays out of the picture, or Jerry somehow moves up if needed.

5Stars ;)
  11. Phrozen Phil

Phrozen Phil Active Member

3,894 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    That's quite a shift from your original opinion. welcome to the club. I just hope he lasts until #14.:pray:
  12. TheRat

TheRat The Silly Willy

1,902 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    he's still a guard
  13. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,192 Messages
    347 Likes Received
    I hope not. While I'd be quite pleased with DeCastro, I do not want to trade up for him. Cordy Glenn+3rd rounder > David DeCastro.
  14. 5Stars

26,767 Messages
    1,832 Likes Received
    I don't know much about Gordy Glenn, but, if he's even close to DeCastro in ability, I won't care, as long as they draft a young, mean Oline dude!

Why the Cowboys have not really addressed that in past drafts boggles my mind.

:rolleyes:
  15. Murph80

Murph80 Member

974 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think he would be a perfect fit. I am also thinking a trade down and picking M. Floyd would not be bad either. Our pick could have some nice value if a QB were to drop.
  16. smoovb

smoovb Member

179 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Is there a seat on this bandwagon? I would like to hitch a ride. DeCastro, yes please.

:bow:
  17. Phrozen Phil

Phrozen Phil Active Member

3,894 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    And the best at his position in awhile. Get him and that's one area you can depend on for the better part of a decade (or more).
  18. The Quest for Six

The Quest for Six Well-Known Member

7,012 Messages
    647 Likes Received
    Decastro is the guy I've wanted from day one and there isn't a close second, the guy is an absolute stud, as close as a cant miss product there is and would anchor the interior line for 12 years
  19. THUMPER

THUMPER Papa

9,522 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Exactly! Signing Carr allows us to get the best OL in the draft IMO and a guy who will help keep Romo from getting killed every game.
  20. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    According to Mike Lombardi, the Cowboys "kicked the tires" on Carl Nicks, and Lombardi stated that he thought Carr and Nicks was their plan. However, the cap penalty occurred. I'm just reporting what he said. Last year, Lombardi was all over Asomugha being connected to Dallas.

David DeCastro and Brandon Brooks top my offensive line wish list. Make no mistake, I want both of them.