1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Day 2 Senior Bowl Notes

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by InmanRoshi, Jan 25, 2011.

1. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    http://nflmocks.com/2011/01/25/senior-bowl-day-2-north-squad-practice-notes/
  2. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,174 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    Cam Jordan and Christian Ballard ftw! If we could trade down and get an extra 2nd, I'd love it if we could get Carimi with the later 1st rounder and then Ballard and a DB with the 2nd rounders
  3. Goldenrichards83

Goldenrichards83 Active Member

1,612 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If Cam Jordan keeps this up he won't be available at the ninth pick.
  4. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,838 Messages
    804 Likes Received
    Love both of those players--Carimi and Jordan
  5. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
  6. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The only thing about that IMO

there are a ton of good DL in this years draft

but a Carimi or Sherrod
  7. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,764 Messages
    1,967 Likes Received
    Yes!

Looks like I got in on the Cam Jordan hype at the right time!

My boy Carimi is hushing his critics too.
  8. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,926 Messages
    2,153 Likes Received
  9. acer941

acer941 Member

253 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    The way Nate Solder is playing he is going to be the Top OT coming out. Ahead of Sherrod and Carimi.
  10. Chris in Arizona

Chris in Arizona I am Death

3,662 Messages
    512 Likes Received
    Cam Jordan plays and practices angry. He's very aggressive.

It's because of him I knew Tyron Smith was the real deal. Jordan was ripping through people all season long and Smith outplayed him. Both will be very good NFL players.
  11. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Wes Bunting predicted Jordan's rise and Fairley's rise on Vela's site. The 49ers are a major threat to take Jordan and have been paying a whole lot of attention to him. Jordan is for sure going to be in the mix.

Bunting gave Jordan and Smith the same grade. For Dallas, it could come down to Jordan or Smith at 9, and the 49ers or another team might make the choice for Dallas.

The number 1 OT is there for Smith's taking. He could start at RT for Dallas and have Pro Bowl potential as a LT, imo.
  12. acer941

acer941 Member

253 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    I'm praying for either Solder or Tyron Smith with a signing of Nnamdi or Champ out of free agency.
  13. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The run on the defensive linemen starts at pick one. The run on the OTs may start right after the top 10, so if you want an OT, you better not get cute and trade down. You better take Smith at 9 if Dareus and Jordan are gone and you were targeting them.
  14. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm hoping for Tyron Smith or Cameron Jordan.

In free agency, I think Dallas will address the defense, but it will very most likely be defensive line and safety. I think Jerry Jones' comments about the Cowboys CBs points to safety still being the major priority in the secondary. Jones went into some distinct detail (which made a ton of sense) about Dallas' CBs amid his usual pre-draft talk.

I'd do cartwheels if it was Smith. It's long past time to put some blue-chip talent on this offensive line.

I want two Pac Ten guys. It's a miracle.:)
  15. rw54

rw54 Member

277 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This is something I've been wondering about. I've only seen the highlights and a lot of the time they were not matched up. I remember one time Jordan put Smith on the ground with a spin move which made me wonder about Smith. Your report helps a lot, thanks for the info.
  16. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I didn't see the game, but Bunting gave an ever so slight edge to Jordan; however, I read another analyst state that Smith won that battle.

With Jordan dominating at the Senior Bowl, Smith probably is going to score major points with scouts and general managers on that film.
  17. rw54

rw54 Member

277 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Good stuff thanks for the info - I'd never heard of Bunting until a couple of weeks ago, but he certainly seems to be on target with his evaluations.
  18. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,879 Messages
    85 Likes Received
    I always give tons of respect to the guys who dominate the Senior Bowl. Alualu caught my eye big time last year.

However Id still be happy if Cameron Jordan went top 8.
  19. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No problem. If you go to Vela's site, (Cowboys Nation), you can go back and look at all the draft chats Vela had with Bunting. Bunting was on Cameron Jordan (in the top 10) before anyone. He told Vela that he thought Jordan was an option for Dallas at 9. Also, Bunting thinks Smith will go in the top 10 and will be in the mix for Dallas at 9. He stated this a good while back.
  20. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    It was hard to grade the Jordan vs. Tyson matchup because the game got so out of hand so fast. It was 42-0 at halftime, and USC spent most of the 2nd half just running out the clock. I wish there were more meaningfull snaps played to evaluate both players better.