1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC:A True Survivor

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Mar 15, 2012.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    A True Survivor

With a kill or be killed attitude on the field, and a fun-loving persona away from it, Frank Walker has established a nine-year career in the NFL.
    http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news.cfm?id=E9E86C83-AAA3-006A-CBACD3A0D318721E

Despite being a sixth-round draft choice from a Division II program, he just finished his ninth season in the NFL. He has stuck around so long, in fact, that Cowboys head coach Jason Garrett was his teammate when Walker was a Giants rookie in 2003. He came back from a broken foot in 2004 and knee surgery in 2007. He has played for both Rex Ryan and Rob Ryan and has suited up for six organizations in the past six years, repeatedly resurfacing and clawing his way back onto another depth chart.

"I am what I am and I'm a survivor," Walker says. "Most survivors I know have one motto: kill or be killed. It's me or you every time, and I'm picking you, not me. I never lay down. You won't ever see me out there laying down. I'm going to fight to the last drop."

Like the winners of the TV game show, Walker has managed to "outwit, outplay and outlast" his competition. And he has done all of it OUT LOUD.