1. CowboysZone Upgrade Coming Soon! For more information, click here.

News: DC: Broaddus: Bernadeau, Smith Outstanding on O-Line

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by NewsBot, Aug 25, 2013.

1. NewsBot

NewsBot New Member

39,588 Messages
    440 Likes Received
    Some thoughts from the radio booth at AT&T Stadium:I am looking forward to getting back to Valley Ranch on Sunday and taking a look at this game film from Saturday night for a couple of different ...

Continue reading...
  2. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

34,521 Messages
    4,659 Likes Received
    It was a good night for the offensive line.
  3. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

42,810 Messages
    2,356 Likes Received

well you have very low standards
    blackbull likes this.
  4. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

34,521 Messages
    4,659 Likes Received
    Obviously you didn't watch the game.
    Vintage likes this.
  5. dantheman41

dantheman41 Active Member

845 Messages
    211 Likes Received
    Broaddus is such a Bernadeau lover. All he does is talk about how great he is.

There were times last night that he was awful in running game, completely whiffing on the cut and pull blocks
  6. diehard2294

diehard2294 America's Team

4,863 Messages
    592 Likes Received
    Baffles me why Broaddus always seems to have kind words for Bernie's play
  7. burmafrd

42,810 Messages
    2,356 Likes Received
    to say that performance was exceptionable is frankly to me one more reason to ignore Broaddus completely when he talks O line. Bernie played well; FOR HIM. His main problem has always been consistency. Never ability. Its always been mental with him. Show that for several games in a row before anointing him.

BUT I must admit that the experiment worked a lot better then I thought it would and th weak point was not Free at guard but Parnell at RT. Maybe not giving Free time to think and brood about playing guard is the key. He starts thinking too much and that is when he falls apart.
  8. newnationcb

newnationcb Well-Known Member

2,684 Messages
    378 Likes Received
    Parnell at RT was the weak point really? I'll challenge you to detailing his struggles but we all know you talk a lot but don't watch the game play.
    Vintage likes this.
  9. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

25,847 Messages
    15,638 Likes Received
    Because he works for the team.
    Coakleys Dad likes this.
  10. VACowboy

VACowboy Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,354 Messages
    459 Likes Received
    Smith and Frederick looked exceptional to me. Free played better than anyone else we've had at RG this preseason.
  11. Coakleys Dad

Coakleys Dad The Re-Birth has begun.

4,835 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    *Bingo*
  12. burmafrd

42,810 Messages
    2,356 Likes Received
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
  13. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

13,290 Messages
    1,036 Likes Received
    The day he backs up his claim will be the day I start looking for the rest of the signs of the apocalypse.
  14. RamziD

RamziD Well-Known Member

2,030 Messages
    153 Likes Received
    There were a handful of plays where it looked like Bern's guy got pressure/penetration. Moreso, than any of the other OL. It looked like he was the weak link to me.
  15. TwentyOne

TwentyOne Well-Known Member

2,680 Messages
    194 Likes Received
    I dont know which game he watched but it for sure wasn't that game i watched yesterday.
    Our OL got their rear kicked on every running play. Cincys DL players were a constant in our backfield. Cincy pulled their DL starters early. And still we had our hands full.
  16. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    Broaddus has talked consistently all offseason about how the team likes Mack and he did too.

He has stated many times that it was living who was the weak leak at guard and not Mack. Said livings wouldn't make the team before camp started.

He has also pointed out repeatedly that the bloggers and fans have their analysis wrong. Mack missing time in the offseason has hurt him, but the team trusts him (Callahan).

I imagine he starts week 1 at rg with Leary at left guard, but I am not holding my breath on leary's return.
  17. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

7,667 Messages
    1,299 Likes Received
    i would say they didnt screw up too much which is all we can ask at this point,i sill want Free back at RT.
  18. burmafrd

42,810 Messages
    2,356 Likes Received
    the day you post something worth reading will be the Apocalypse
    Vintage likes this.
  19. TheRomoSexual

TheRomoSexual Well-Known Member

2,660 Messages
    1,234 Likes Received
    Bern was not outstanding. Bern has never been outstanding. Free, however, did play fantastic considering everything.
  20. Nirvana

Nirvana Well-Known Member

5,006 Messages
    1,804 Likes Received
    Gonna watch the game again but one positive was the 4th and 1 running play to the left side. Smith and Bern got excellent push and Tanner got the first down.