1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC:Catching Up . . .Alumni Profile: Rayfield Wright

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Jun 14, 2011.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,020 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news.cfm?id=8FF01933-EB40-F101-AB2B586F5F0DD612

Catching Up . . .
    Alumni Profile: Rayfield Wright
    [IMG]
    DallasCowboys.com ReportEmailPrintFacebookShareThis
    Rayfield Wright has more Pro Bowl selections (six) than any other tackle in club history. Alumni SeriesLee Roy JordanRayfield Wright
    This story originally appeared in Dallas Cowboys Star Magazine. For subscription information, please click here.

How has life been since being inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2006? "It's simply been amazing. I'm very honored to have reached that pinnacle. There are so many offensive linemen around that very seldom will have the opportunity to be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame, but it was a tremendous honor to me to be the first Dallas Cowboy to enter the Pro Football Hall of Fame as an offensive lineman.
  2. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,122 Messages
    113 Likes Received
    Bob Hayes and the nick names sounds like a really good story...I wonder if anyone has ever put it in a book or ever will.
  3. CCBoy

CCBoy Active Member

13,343 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Catching Up . . .
    DallasCowboys.com Report

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news.cfm?id=8FF01933-EB40-F101-AB2B586F5F0DD612

...How did it actually feel to get inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame?

"Well, it's totally overwhelming because when you start playing the game, no matter what sport it is, you don't think about the Ring of Honors, you don't think about the Hall of Fames, you don't think about the All-Pros. The thing that you think about most is helping your team win the ball game.

"And I remember when Coach Landry brought me on to the offense he made this statement to me. He said, 'Rayfield, no matter how many accolades you receive or how many awards you get, you remember this.' And I said, 'What's that coach?' He said, 'You will never be greater than the team.' That's one statement that's never, ever left me.

"So when you are inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame, with probably like 20 or 30,000 players having played in the National Football League, and when I was inducted in '06, I was No. 235 out of all those players (to get inducted), so it's a very unique experience. I was a Cowboy for 13 years and now I'm part of a team, as the boys say up there in Canton, Ohio. I'm now part of a team that you can never be cut from and never be traded from."...