1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC.com: 3 Phases: Broaddus Names MVPs On Each Side Of The Ball

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by CCBoy, Sep 6, 2012.

1. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,127 Messages
    1,346 Likes Received
    3 Phases: Broaddus Names MVPs On Each Side Of The Ball

Bryan Broaddus
    Football Analyst/Scout

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/a...The-Ball/afa7ca4d-ab93-40a8-b62e-87f289e05c3c

Offense

Kevin Ogletree – There have been questions about who would be the third wide receiver. Ogletree’s ability to show toughness on slant routes and make contested catches was the difference in this game. He had struggled with consistency, but he made plays throughout the game.

Defense

DeMarcus Ware – Much of the conversation before the game was about pass-rusher Jason Pierre-Paul of the Giants, but Ware stole the headlines. Ware was outstanding with his pressure and ability to play the run at the point of attack. The Cowboys needed a big day of him harassing Manning, and they got it.

Special Teams

Chris Jones – The new guy was outstanding on his two punts. Both were high and angled perfectly to be caught near the sideline. With a long punt of 60 yards and an average of 54, Jones forced the Giants to start at their own 13- and 16-yard lines.
  2. w8lifter

w8lifter Member

488 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    KO surprised a lot of us naysayers last night.

I admit I didnt have much confidence in him being our #3 WR.

However, he made some nice plays.

He deserves a heart felt 'Atta Boy' and we just might have to let him live.

:D
  3. Aikbach

Aikbach Well-Known Member

9,722 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    It appears being Dallas' numero 3 wideout is a great career launching opportunity.:D

Wouldn't be surprised if Laurent Robinson goes back into obscurity in Jacksonville, let's be honest, when Dez Bryant and Miles Austin (who had the catch of the game) play the outside then that slot man has great opportunity. Especially with Witten on the field.

Much like Alvin Harper shone on a field across from Irvin and roamed by Novacek, an above average receiver can look like a great one in the Cowboy offense.
  4. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,766 Messages
    1,657 Likes Received
    The Tree showed up and spread its branches

If he can keep it up then we truly will say 'Laurent who?'
  5. cbredmon

cbredmon New Member

16 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Demarco might have scored if he had not cut inside on that long run....I'm not sure what made him not stay on the outside and continue running.

6. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Well-Known Member

4,629 Messages
    63 Likes Received
    Might have to give it to Lee on D
  7. punchnjudy

punchnjudy Well-Known Member

1,239 Messages
    158 Likes Received
    Maybe Oletree's career will follow the same path as Miles': showing early promise, floundering for a few years, and then BOOM.
  8. Cowboy from New York

Cowboy from New York Active Member

1,668 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    Jones did a really good job on the directional punting and I am sure others noticed that Silva was doing a great job getting down on those punts as the gunner too. Nice to see hungry players out there.
  9. dogberry

dogberry Well-Known Member

2,426 Messages
    58 Likes Received
    I'm giving Ryan Cook an award for not being noticed.
  10. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,127 Messages
    1,346 Likes Received
    I might add, that a third receiver under a Tony Romo run offense seems to do very well in Dallas. Miles Austin started as a #3. Multiple receivers thrive in a Jason Garrett run offense.

My hat is off to Kevin Ogletree...way to stand UP, and in a very high profile occasion!

I also can't wait until Jason Witten is again fully functional now...all defenses won't be has handicapped in their secondaries, as was the Giants last night.