1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC.COM: Austin City Limits: Numbers Dipping For Top WR

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Dec 15, 2010.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,233 Messages
    7,064 Likes Received
    Josh Ellis
    DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer
    Email | Follow DCStarJEllis on Twitter

IRVING, Texas - Miles Austin will not conform to the outspoken wide receiver stereotype.

For the record, he doesn't mind the fact his numbers have slipped precipitously during a recent stretch of games. It's hard for the No. 1 wideout to complain when, despite his lack of production, the Cowboys are playing much better. Austin hasn't come close to a 100-yard outing since Halloween, but the team has played .500 ball since then, a great improvement over their 1-6 start leading into November.

He has been incredibly quiet, with just 15 catches and 185 yards over the last six games, but it isn't bothering Austin, or at least he isn't letting on. When the team does lose, however, and one of his reoccurring mistakes costs them, as was the case in Sunday's defeat against Philadelphia, that does get noticed.

Read more: http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news.cfm?id=EC713341-D2A2-ECA9-22D28EBCB8E4F902
  2. CowboysPhan

CowboysPhan Obsequious Cowboys Toadie

447 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    Gotta love Austin's attitude! I really like his last quote, "I'm happy when the team's moving the ball, not necessarily that I'M moving the ball." Wish more receivers would take that approach. Much less drama.