1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC.COM: Back From Summer Injury, Wilber Playing Catch-Up As Well

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jul 26, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Everything is everything... Staff Member

68,607 Messages
    8,836 Likes Received
    Josh Ellis
    DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer

Fourth-round outside linebacker Kyle Wilber[IMG] is back at practice in this week’s soft opening to training camp, trying to pick up where he left off almost three months ago.

The Wake Forest star was one of the best players on the field in the rookie minicamp, held a week after the draft, but broke his finger and had to sit out the rest of this offseason’s on-field work.

“It was real hard,” Wilber said of his down time. “It was mishap that happened with my finger, but you’ve got to take one day at a time, and now I’ve got to take advantage of the opportunity that I’m given now.”

Read more: http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/a...-As-Well/4a4cbfdd-a8c8-46d3-a428-d7738d93815c
  2. Fla Cowpoke

Fla Cowpoke Well-Known Member

2,715 Messages
    610 Likes Received
    I know it's two days of minicamp, but haven't seen one tweet mentioning him or McSurdy.
  3. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,457 Messages
    706 Likes Received
    I for one will be surprised if he beats out lemon for a job.
  4. cbow44

cbow44 Member

598 Messages
    11 Likes Received

when every one is in shorts, its hard for the linemen and LBs to shine.
  5. Fla Cowpoke

2,715 Messages
    610 Likes Received
    Only problem is there have been lots of comments already about Crawford, Lemon, Albright, etc.....with them being new additions you would think there would be some mention one way or the other.
  6. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

40,960 Messages
    5,377 Likes Received
    Much too early. Stars rise and fall. At least he's out there and we're not hearing something negative.
  7. Trendnet

Trendnet Active Member

734 Messages
    35 Likes Received

Yes, yes... quick one liners from the media on the first two days of camp is the ONLY way to judge a player.

Raise the Alarm!
  8. Fla Cowpoke

2,715 Messages
    610 Likes Received
    Hardly raising an alarm...just making a note. Guy hasn't been able to do anything up until now and there hasn't been a mention of him. Just interesting.