1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC.COM: Bennett All But Confirms He's Gone

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by crazyfool, Mar 9, 2012.

1. crazyfool

crazyfool Member

267 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    "I'm not opposed to staying, I'm not opposed to going," Bennett said. "I think the Cowboys have been a great organization for me. I've learned so much. It's been a humbling experience being here. I got to play with one of the best, and I'm kind of ready to branch off and become my own entity."

Bennett said he is not negotiating with the Cowboys at this point, though he has been at the facility working out this offseason and has spoken to teammates and coaches who have wished him the best in the free agency process.

"I want a team that believes in me and the things I'm capable of doing," Bennett said. "I still believe I haven't yet scratched the surface of my potential, and I'm only getting better and better daily, even now. So, I think the sky is the limit for me and really I just want to be in a good organization that believes in what I do and what I bring and what I have to offer."

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/josh_ellis.cfm?plckController=Blog&plckBlogPage=BlogViewPost&userid=8ad9a5ae-68fd-47d1-a7d7-e4c8fcb84090&plckPostId=Blog%3a8ad9a5ae-68fd-47d1-a7d7-e4c8fcb84090Post%3a186b5fef-b091-4708-8c93-651b4ea597d3&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest
  2. fortdick

fortdick Well-Known Member

5,412 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Start by putting on your helmet when told to.
  3. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

6,519 Messages
    440 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  4. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,196 Messages
    284 Likes Received
    And maybe he's right. Maybe he'll respond better being forced into starting role. We'll see. Big-time expectations will come with the nice contract he'll receive in free agency. So he better be ready to back up the talk with production!
  5. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

14,861 Messages
    1,230 Likes Received
    We'll never hear from him again.
  6. newnationcb

newnationcb Well-Known Member

2,479 Messages
    138 Likes Received
    He'll catch a lot of flak in this thread as a result of the general bashing of Cowboy players and exaggeration of out of context quotes but I think he speaks a lot of truth.

He'll go on and become a very good pass catching TE for some other organization. Isn't he like 24 or 25? I don't see how we don't try to keep an athletic TE who's become one of the better run blockers at his position in this league. Witten won't last forever.
  7. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

8,533 Messages
    990 Likes Received
    I agree, he will be a big time name among tight ends, and we'll be asking ourselves... how did we let this guy go... the only answer we will have is Romo or our coaches... And I don't think it is Romo.
  8. Duane

Duane Active Member

6,884 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
  9. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

76,269 Messages
    2,338 Likes Received
    I have been saying since the end of the season that Bennett would leave. I understand him wanting a bigger role, one he is not going to get in Dallas behind Witten.

I have no grudge aginst Bennett
  10. BEMYDADJERRY

BEMYDADJERRY Member

745 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    GOOD LUCK and GOOD BYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal Insulin Beware

10,156 Messages
    534 Likes Received
    Fasano has become a nice TE for Miami. We all saw that he had the potential, but what is the second TE in this offense really going to do?

Good luck, hope it works out for him [in the AFC].
  12. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

76,269 Messages
    2,338 Likes Received
    Because we have other priorities. Witten along with Phillips gives us good talent and depth at the TE spot and while you are right Witten will not last forever he is still playing at a very high level now and Bennett wants his oppertunity now. Being a FA I don't blame him for wanting his chance now and that is not going to happen in Dallas
  13. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,196 Messages
    284 Likes Received

We have to be honest here. We've had pretty good WRs since Bennett has been here. Witten never misses a game. As long as Witten is here and producing, the 2nd TE is simply not going to produce much or not even given much of a chance to. Bennett knows this and wants to go somewhere and at least have a chance. I dont think it's anybody's fault.
  14. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    The rueing has begun and he's not gone yet :laugh1:
  15. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think he'll have a breakout year if he can go someplace where he isnt stuck behind a future HOF tight end and his blocking is already top notch. Wish him well.
  16. Avenging Hayseed

Avenging Hayseed Interwebs fooseball expert

2,262 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    Good luck, goodbye, and good riddance.....
  17. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,926 Messages
    2,880 Likes Received
    Exactly.
  18. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,755 Messages
    949 Likes Received
    For his sake, I hope he does go on to accomplish great things. I just don't see it happening.

Cue the poster who uses the quote from Tombstone when the Earps leave town.
  19. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

14,861 Messages
    1,230 Likes Received
    I don't see him going to another team with a top QB. They won't put up with his incompetence and inability to have any clue what's going on during a play or where he's supposed to be. Tony seemed to all but give up on him and I don't see him being the last. Wish him well though. He seems like a decent enough guy.
  20. BIGDen

BIGDen Dr. Freakasaurus Zone Supporter

4,405 Messages
    212 Likes Received
    I hope he signs a huge contract and becomes All-Pro. That can only help us as far as a future compensatory pick is concerned.