1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC.COM: Bernadeau Expected Back By Camp After Shoulder Surgery

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Mar 20, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,000 Messages
    5,482 Likes Received
    Rowan Kavner
    DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer

PHOENIXMackenzy Bernadeau[IMG] underwent surgery on his right shoulder, but owner Jerry Jones isn’t concerned the guard will be sidelined for long.

Jones expects Bernadeau to be ready for camp after taking it easy during Organized Team Activities.

“I don’t think there’s going to be a need for him to overdo it during OTAs, but I think he’ll be ready when we’re all ready to hit,” Jones said. “I think he’ll have a much better offseason, him and (Nate) Livings both, I think they’ll have a much better (offseason), and so will (Ronald) Leary.”

Bernadeau played in all 16 games while fighting through injuries after hip surgery in May 2012 and minor knee surgery two months later.

He was forced to move over to center for two games to adjust for injuries to Phil Costa[IMG] and Ryan Cook[IMG]. Bernadeau couldn’t get work at center in the offseason because of the time he missed while injured. When he was healthy enough to return, the Cowboys eased him back in at guard, where he started the majority of the season.

Read the rest: http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/a...-Surgery/54f61a20-6dcd-4192-9ad7-cb2bc8647757
  2. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

3,899 Messages
    287 Likes Received
    Why the hell do our players take so long to get surgeries done. I mean even if its a 4 week recovery, it should be addressed at the end of the season, not the start of the next NFL year. :banghead:
  3. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,454 Messages
    919 Likes Received
    Gee could it be because the team doctors are responsible medical professionals who only opt for surgery if non-surgical rehabilitation doesn't address the problem?
  4. Manster54

Manster54 Active Member

854 Messages
    51 Likes Received
    Mac can't seem to catch a break.
  5. NorthTexan95

NorthTexan95 Active Member

1,235 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    Actually, the surgery was back in January. I guess this writer just found out and decided to make it new news. According to Talkin' Cowboys Bernadeau is already recovered and was lifting weights and working out yesterday.
  6. J-DOG

J-DOG Active Member

2,135 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Exactly...why let the facts get in the way of a good story. The people covering the Cowboys in DFW are flat out terrible. Except for a few exceptions.
  7. jrumann59

3,899 Messages
    287 Likes Received
    Whether Mac had it in Jan is moot right now but if you look at recent history we always have players that get surgeries during the start of the league year. Rehab on joint injuries is dicey, it relies on strengthening and adding flexibility in most cases. They tried that with my labrum tear but the more use the joint gets the less likely rehab works.
  8. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,571 Messages
    1,551 Likes Received
    each year with us he has had surgery. Not a good trend. Last year he was not worth much through camp. This year hopefully he is ready to go by camp.

This is what you get for dumpster diving
  9. J-DOG

J-DOG Active Member

2,135 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This is true...he's ready to go right now.
    The implication in this story is that he is not...which is factually wrong. But that is nothing unusual for the DFW media.
  10. jjktkk

jjktkk Active Member

1,656 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    Oh boy!!! :laugh2:
  11. jjktkk

jjktkk Active Member

1,656 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    Just for the fact that Bernadeau is starting to get that injury prone label, that makes me think Jerry will be seriously targeting OL early in the draft, or bringing in a vet. like a Brandon Moore.
  12. jrumann59

3,899 Messages
    287 Likes Received
    I do not see him as injury prone. Most players have minor surgeries in the off season, clean out loose cartilage here, bone spurs there. I just feel the team should mandate that these be taken care of prior to end of the previous season if you are eliminated from the playoffs. This does 2 things allows for recovery with no rush back, and if their are issues it can be addressed ina timely manner proper to the new year starting. In the 90's the players did this now not so much.
  13. ravidubey

ravidubey Active Member

4,864 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    The man consistently made mistakes that OL just can't afford to make. He also does not generate push in the running game.

So why keep him? I guess according to some he might be a fit at center, but that has the sound of a reclamation project. The Cowboys deserve better.
  14. burmafrd

41,571 Messages
    1,551 Likes Received
    no, MOST players do NOT HAVE surgery of any kind in the offseason.
  15. burmafrd

41,571 Messages
    1,551 Likes Received
    hey, I will take ANY option other than Costa at center. Gurode was not very good at guard but a pro bowler at center. Maybe lightning will strike twice.