1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC.COM Blog: Despite Bad Drop, Leon Williams In The Mix

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Aug 17, 2010.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,549 Messages
    3,399 Likes Received
    Posted by jellis at 8/17/2010 12:36 PM CDT on truebluefanclub.com

When the team first came together for Organized Team Activity practices this summer, one new guy that stood out was linebacker Leon Williams.

"He's done pretty well," Wade Phillips said. "I talked about it earlier, when he first started I didn't think his chances were good at all. Now he's fit in well, he's played well. I think he's respected by the other players for his physical play. He's played the run and the pass pretty well in the games.

"I thought he played better in the first game than the last game, but I thought he played pretty well on special teams. He did a good, or solid, job on special teams. We've got a lot of linebackers, a lot of competition there. But we're going to keep the best players."

Read more
  2. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,609 Messages
    631 Likes Received
    I see a lot of people putting Octavien in their 53-man projections, but having watched Leon Williams this summer, I think he has a good shot of replacing him. I think you can the same production on ST's, and he can actually field. As much as I like Octavien, you put him out there against first-teamers, and he doesn't do much. Plus, Leon is the only true backup at SOLB we have. I know the plan is to move Brooking over in case of injury, but I don't think he's a true fit. I think Williams is.
  3. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,065 Messages
    676 Likes Received
    Just so some don't get confused you meant the SILB or mike linebacker.