1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC.COM: Broaddus: A Good Learning Experience For Claiborne

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jul 30, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,688 Messages
    6,433 Likes Received
    Bryan Broaddus
    Football Analyst/Scout

Some thoughts from the first day of training camp:

You will hear all kinds of crazy things about the type of day Mo Claiborne had, but I am going to take the approach that it was a good day for the rookie. I knew there were going to be days when he was going to struggle in coverage and today was one of those days. It’s not easy to deal with Dez Bryant[IMG], Miles Austin[IMG] or even Dwayne Harris[IMG]. Bryant gave the rookie a lesson today in route running. Bryant took him all over the field, but you know that is a good thing. I liked that Dez showed him the “4” and “5”. It was good for Ogletree to show him the “9” and let him play against all these looks. As Jason Garrett would say, it’s not easy in this league. The more routes that Claiborne sees, the better prepared he will be. I don’t see it as a bad day for Claiborne, but a good learning one.

Thought Brandon Carr[IMG] had an interesting practice today. When he can get his hands on the receiver, he is outstanding. There were plenty of opportunities when he had to face Dez Bryant and there were good battles on both sides of the ball. When Carr struggled the most is when the routes went inside and had to carry the receiver across the formation. Bryant ran a “4” against Carr, who was unable to keep up. Carr didn’t have the burst to run with Bryant nor did he later in the period when Ogletree ran the same route and got separation. There doesn’t seem to be an issue with Carr going up the field, but carrying routes across just got my attention.

Read more: http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/a...laiborne/c4ce7f2d-57f3-49f9-9980-850f828cf785
  2. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,739 Messages
    423 Likes Received
    hmmmm philly love crossing routes.
  3. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,096 Messages
    463 Likes Received
    First practice I'm not worrying about anything...
  4. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,909 Messages
    753 Likes Received

Granted, it's early and there might be an adjustment period. But if this is an early indication of what his weaknesses are, the battle between Jenkins and Scandrick became a little more interesting. If Carr could slide to Nickel, Jenkins would likely be the likely canidate to replace him on the outside, opposite of most likely Claiborne. If Carr struggles on the inside, that means Scandrick likely has the inside track to 3rd Corner.
  5. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton it was the grave marked unknown right beside

6,475 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Brent making a showing is good news.