1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC.COM: Broaddus: After Further Review: St. Louis Game Film Shows Improvement

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Aug 28, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,130 Messages
    6,913 Likes Received
    Bryan Broaddus
    Football Analyst/Scout

Here are some thoughts from the film room at Valley Ranch after the St. Louis Rams and Dallas Cowboys preseason game.

Assessing the rookie CB
    Saturday night was another opportunity for cornerback Morris Claiborne[IMG] to get some much needed work with his defensive teammates in game action.

Progress for Ogletree
    With the injuries to Miles Austin[IMG] and Dez Bryant[IMG], there were going to be opportunity for several receivers to get some extended playing time with the first offense that normally won’t have been given that chance.

Harris keeps improving
    Another receiver that has helped his cause has been second year man, Dwayne Harris[IMG].

Blitz pickup needs work
    On the radio broadcast with Brad Sham on Saturday night, there was a time in the game where he called a sack of Kyle Orton[IMG] by defensive end Robert Quinn and from my eye at the time I thought that running back Phillip Tanner[IMG] might have busted in the blitz pick up but when I had a chance to study it, there appeared to be a communication mix up with Tyron Smith[IMG] and Tanner.

Ryan’s play-calling
    Seeing the game live on Saturday, I came away impressed with what Rob Ryan has been able with this defense on third down with his first defense not only in the Rams game but the Raiders and Chargers games as well.

Read the extended version of his observations: http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/a...rovement/7324b4cf-ee5d-4221-9506-96c3b062ab57