1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC.COM: Broaddus Gives Quick Scouting Report On Newly-Signed Durant

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Mar 27, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,204 Messages
    5,759 Likes Received
    Bryan Broaddus
    Football Analyst/Scout

Games Studied: San Francisco, Green Bay

Nice take on…used his hands well to handle the wham block….some pop and strength at the point…can hold the point…works hard to beat the cut off block…has the nose to shoot the gap when he reads the play and sees the opportunity to make a play….played with awareness…not fooled on scheme…is a wrap up tackler in the hole…physical player…will work down the line...doesn’t stay blocked…not much in coverage…zone drops only…never saw him in man coverage…was off the field in nickel

situations…when on the field didn’t pedal well…too tall and stiff….did not see a burst…worried about that…much better player against the run than what I saw with the pass and the Lions must have felt the same way in which they played him….like him in the fit as a Sam linebacker that can take on blocks, not give up the corner and make plays with awareness when the ball comes at him….had 103 tackles in 2012….believe he will compete with Alex Albright for the job….move allows the front office and coaches to take a look at Kyle Wilber most likely as the weak side defensive end….will be 28 years old in Week 3….physically a nice looking player….good ability against the run.

More: http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/a...d-Durant/7958eb44-1b25-4663-9567-16269b756892
  2. Angus

Angus Active Member

5,064 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Thanks, WG.

:)
  3. Vertigo_17

Vertigo_17 Well-Known Member

2,260 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    Thanks WG for posting this. I consider this a somewhat objective and educated assessment from someone who has experience scouting personel.

I just read another thread that said the guy was blah, so this is encouraging to say the least and if he only turns out to be depth/ST...then that's great given what we invested.