1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC.COM: Broaddus: Good First Showing For Bernadeau At Center

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Nov 19, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,048 Messages
    3,981 Likes Received
    Bryan Broaddus
    Football Analyst/Scout

To be honest, I really didn’t know what to expect by moving Mackenzy Bernadeau[IMG] to center but I had heard during the week that the quarterback and coaches were comfortable with how he practiced and what he could potentially do.

Obviously, there were plenty of struggles along this offensive line but at center wasn’t one of them.

There were only three times where I noticed that there was a wide snap in the gun where Romo had to adjust but when it came to his assignments and handling his blocks one-on-one he was able to anchor down and do his job. He did have a sack in the middle where he didn’t get any help from Derrick Dockery[IMG] because he adjusted late and there was the holding penalty late in the game but overall I thought his technique was sound and there were not any huge mistakes.

Read the rest: http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/a...-Center-/87d2dc4c-52d3-4e64-84d2-b5dbb4827d6a
  2. jobberone

jobberone Orangutans make great guitarists Staff Member

36,298 Messages
    3,208 Likes Received
    I trust Broaddus so this is good news. I love having options. Now fix RG and RT.
  3. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

31,446 Messages
    2,308 Likes Received
    Maybe Costa at RG and Cook at RT?
  4. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,003 Messages
    441 Likes Received
    He might be a permanent solution at Center... I wouldn't mind having some bulk at that position. Now go find a guard.
  5. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

8,815 Messages
    571 Likes Received
    One more guard is definitely needed. And I think I'd try Parnell at right tackle (before this season ends), since Free just seems to have totally lost it.

I thought Parnell was pretty good overall in his first real game at left tackle.

I'm OK with Smith (obviously) and Livings remaining starters. I'm not as sure about the center candidates, but would like to see more of the options.
  6. ddh33

ddh33 Active Member

4,934 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I think Bernadeau has actually gotten better as the season has gone along. I hope it can continue, regardless of where he is playing.
  7. BAZ

BAZ Drunken Mick

2,422 Messages
    287 Likes Received
    I don't think I ever seen so many moving parts on the line, this is crazy.
  8. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,962 Messages
    4,816 Likes Received
    It stands to reason, given his surgery and the time he missed in camp.
  9. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,464 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    I was assured that Kosier could not simply become a Center when he was our emergency back up plan. I am sure the same holds true for Bernadeau and he actually was a disaster and we just don't know it yet. The person who assured me couldn't possibly be wrong. [/sarcasm]
  10. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    well I remember someone touting Free as all world for a long time
    Wanna think about that some?

As regards Bernie I am not surprised that you failed to mention the huge difference between Kosier and Bernie- Bernie worked at center every camp and got playing time in exhibition games at center

Kosier only got a few snaps now and then

But of course you don't want to talk about that since it clearly destroys your agenda

By the way I was surprised at how well Arkin did at center; but of course clearly that was exhibition and we all saw Dallas grab Cook as the season started and just how much has Arkin played since? Come on Hoss. Just how much?
  11. LittleD

LittleD Active Member

832 Messages
    57 Likes Received
    Broaddus is looking at. For most of the day these lineman could move fast enough to get out of their own way. They either whiffed or were man-handled by the Browns defensive front 7. But it's not a great mystery... Most of us saw this coming last spring when Jerry opted to go cheap on the horses up front. Then he traded a draft pick to move up for a glitz DB. He thinks he can win SB's with a short coke & bag of planter's peanuts. Looks like more years of mediocre seasons coming at ya boys...
  12. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,559 Messages
    815 Likes Received
    Your sarcasm grows with each passing year. :D
  13. Hostile

118,464 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    I said Free was all world? I'd like a link to that. I will predict it can't be produced.

No, what I said was the Coaches were happy with Free's progress and you went ballistic because you hadn't seen any. Not long after that he became the RT when Colombo was hurt and guess what Mr. OL Expert? He was good.

It is beyond dishonest to say that his level of play right now credits you then, because it does not. Clearly he is either miffed about moving to RT, regressing because he got paid, or breaking down already. Because for you to deny he was a hot Free Agent property when we resigned him is dishonest.

I kid you over the Guards to Center stuff because you act like it is impossible, ludicrous, and all kinds of other hyperbole. Once again, you are wrong.

It would be better if you'd just fess up (like you just did with Arkin) when you are, and say something like, "I am pleasantly surprised," because you were wrong about Bernadeau playing Center. That is just a fact. You'd have been just as wrong had Kosier been pressed into that role.
  14. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

2,919 Messages
    1,143 Likes Received
    He routinely just pulls statements out of thin air and attributes them to people.
  15. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,760 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    See: Steelers offensive line. 2011
  16. Hostile

118,464 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    I know, but I don't let anything like that slide.
  17. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,656 Messages
    325 Likes Received
    Is he a better center than guard?
  18. AmishCowboy

AmishCowboy if you ain't first, you're last

4,337 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    Yeah, that's my hope too
  19. silver

silver Well-Known Member

5,253 Messages
    217 Likes Received
    Looks like it. At Guard he seems undersized. I thought he played pretty good at Center, better than Cook IMO. If we can get Costa anytime soon we might have too many Centers. Last year Kowalski was adequate at C, and although he too might be undersized he might be a better back up on game day than Arkin per se. So down the road we might have Costa, Cook, Kowalski at center with Bernardau also providing depth. So too many Centers might mean we don't have "a" Center.
  20. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,269 Messages
    1,912 Likes Received
    esp encouraging in view of the fact that people are under-rating the Browns DL IMO

Phil Taylor and Athya Rubin re pretty good DTs and thsi was their first game back playing together