1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC.COM Broaddus: Scout’s Notebook: Checking Out Right Guard Rotation

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jul 30, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,705 Messages
    6,465 Likes Received
    Bryan BroaddusFootball Analyst/Scout

OXNARD, Calif. - Here are some observations from the first walk-through practice of training camp Monday.

Disappointing for the team that Felix Jones[IMG], Andre Holmes[IMG] and Brodney Pool[IMG] failed the conditioning test on Sunday. I have always wondered how others can do their jobs to get ready for the season but some fail to do so. I personally am disappointed in Holmes because going into this camp, I believed that he was the one that was going to take this third wide receiver job and run with it. When you are battling for a job, these are the situations you can’t put yourself in. The front office, coaches and teammates are looking for a reliable player, he failed that test too.

Even though it was a walk through this morning we saw some things rotation wise that the team is planning. We all knew that Dan Connor[IMG] would be splitting time with Bruce Carter[IMG] at inside linebacker but Ronald Leary[IMG] got some snaps with the first time line at right guard. David Arkin[IMG] has been the starter while Mackenzy Bernadeau[IMG] has been out. The only thing that might keep Leary from taking that spot full time is the mental side of this game. Arkin hasn’t made a start yet in the NFL but he has at least been in this system for a year. How quickly Leary picks up things will tell you how much more these coaches will feed him. If he is able to pick up things scheme wise, he has more than enough talent to keep the job.

As expected Morris Claiborne[IMG] lined up as the starter at right corner back. It was interesting watching him cover Miles Austin[IMG] in the walk through. After one of Austin’s routes, Claiborne stopped him and you could tell he was asking him questions on the type of route he was running and how to defend it. Very smart of the rookie to try and learn as much as he can.

Read more: http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/a...Rotation/4ac21246-9bbc-4a87-a228-f384210edbb1