1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC.COM: Bye The Way: Cowboys Have Time To Reflect, Prepare For Titans

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Sep 28, 2010.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,137 Messages
    6,918 Likes Received
    Rob Phillips
    DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer
    Email | Follow robphillips3 on Twitter

IRVING, Texas - Coming off his team's first victory and easily its most complete performance of the 2010 season last Sunday in Houston, Wade Phillips' first preference was to play again A.S.A.P.

Forget this Sunday. How about Monday?

Instead, the Cowboys will have to sit on their momentum for two weeks. The Week 4 bye is their earliest since Week 3 in 2006, as they won't face another opponent until Oct. 10 against the Tennessee Titans.

For the players, soon isn't necessarily adverse. Looking broadly at the first three games, it's a chance to regroup after an unexpected 0-2 start mitigated by a dominant 27-13 win over the Texans.

"I used to complain about bye weeks being early," sixth-year defensive end Marcus Spears said. "But I think with the way our season started and the things that we went through, I think it's some recall. I think we can go out and fix those things that got us hurt the first two games.

"If you use that to your advantage, then the bye week was warranted and needed. I think we'll get something out of it."

Read more: http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news.cfm?id=5A890083-07B3-AAAE-02126E6A9EE30E02