1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC.COM: Callahan Excited, Not Nervous, About Calling Plays This Year

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jun 18, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,119 Messages
    6,906 Likes Received
    Rowan Kavner
    DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer

Callahan said he looks forward to the new opportunity as a play-caller and is much more excited than nervous about the addition to his workload for the upcoming season.

“Excited would be the word, would be the adjective, that I would use,” Callahan said. “I’m really excited. Anxious now. I wish we could continue working like we’ve been here, because the situation coach [Jason Garrett] has put us in has been tremendous.”

Callahan said last week that he’d likely be sitting up in the booth during games.

“We’ve had a lot of play-it-out scenarios, we’ve had two-minute, we’ve had four-minute, we’ve had red zone play-it-out, we have team blitz play-it-out,” Callahan said, “so we’ve been in every possible scenario you could be in situationally, and we’ve called the game live on the field. That communication process has really gotten more comfortable for me, Wade and the quarterback.”

Callahan emphasized that while he’s honored to add on play-calling duties this season, he’s only a part of the Cowboys and Garrett’s offense.

Read the rest: http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/a...his-Year/1e8f3555-dadf-40d1-8f00-a286bb2de231
  2. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

16,574 Messages
    2,449 Likes Received
    'Excited, not nervous' is a Garrett meme.
  3. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,523 Messages
    688 Likes Received

He is spreading it on a little thick, these days.
  4. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Why would he be nervous? He's very experienced at it.
  5. AmberBeer

AmberBeer Well-Known Member

3,037 Messages
    1,082 Likes Received
    I'm excited too. But I also think Romo will be calling a lot of plays this year from the hurry up.
  6. Cumart21

Cumart21 Active Member

314 Messages
    190 Likes Received
    Terrible title. Why on earth would a coach with that much experience be nervous about calling plays? Total nonsense.