News: DC.COM: Carr To Host Celebrity Weekend For "Carr Cares” Foundation

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jun 8, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Need A Win...By any means necessary Staff Member

71,308 Messages
    13,504 Likes Received
    David Helman
    DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer

IRVING, Texas – Cowboys cornerback Brandon Carr[IMG] will host his inaugural celebrity weekend next week to raise money for his non-profit organization, the “Carr Cares Foundation.”

The weekend events begin Friday, June 14 and conclude Saturday, June 15 and will feature three activities – all hosted by Carr. The first is a celebrity VIP reception, held Friday night by invitation only. Saturday’s first event is a free football camp, running from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Duncanville High School. The camp is for kids aged 10-17 and will feature football skills, speed and agility training. Those interested in attending can register for free at www.footballminicamps.com.

The last event of the weekend is a celebrity softball game, pitting a team captained by Carr against a team captained by Dallas mayor Mike Rawlings. The game will be held at 3 p.m. on June 15 at Reverchon Park, and will also include a home run derby. Admission to the game is $10 and proceeds will be donated to the Carr Cares Foundation, the Women Called Moses non-profit and Elevate Life Church.

“I remember growing up and not having the opportunity to learn from and interact with professional athletes and coaches,” Carr said. “Therefore, I wanted to allow football camp participants and fans attending the softball game to receive an opportunity that I never had while growing up.”

Read the rest: http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/a...undation/4bf9c52a-8c34-4176-9f09-b06906e0365b