1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC.com: CB Interest Goes Beyond Carr, Finnegan

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by CCBoy, Mar 2, 2012.

1. CCBoy

CCBoy Benched

16,573 Messages
    1,087 Likes Received
    CB Interest Goes Beyond Carr, Finnegan
    Posted by jellis

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/j...&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest

...Most prominent among the other unrestricted players-to-be are Arizona's Richard Marshall, New Orleans' Tracy Porter and the New York Giants' Terrell Thomas, all of whom are in their late 20s.

Baltimore's LarDarius Webb may be the best free agent cornerback, but he is restricted, and is likely to receive at least a first-round level tender from the Ravens.

With as many as a dozen potential starting-caliber cornerbacks expected to be available, it's wrong to assume the Cowboys will drop big money on one of the top names as soon as free agency opens.

More likely, the team will stick to its history of shopping for bargains on the open market. That could still mean Carr or Finnegan, but at a price the Cowboys are comfortable paying for their services.
  2. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,235 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    I think Thomas and the Giants are close to a deal
  3. johnnyd

johnnyd Active Member

1,657 Messages
    3 Likes Received
  4. johnnyd

johnnyd Active Member

1,657 Messages
    3 Likes Received
  5. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

5,823 Messages
    427 Likes Received
    I don't like Grimes at all...anyone who mails a playoff game in so he doesn't get hurt is bad news in my book.
  6. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,530 Messages
    193 Likes Received
    Grimes wouldnt fit. He's more of a cover 2 guy
  7. boysfanindc

boysfanindc Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,849 Messages
    252 Likes Received
    I like Richard Marshall, won't break the bank and can play many positions.
  8. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,674 Messages
    669 Likes Received
  9. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

36,621 Messages
    3,346 Likes Received
    If they're going to buy a CB then they need to spend it on decent quality. We don't need a JAG even if we don't need a star.
  10. ddh33

ddh33 Active Member

4,934 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I'm always surprised at how low Tracy Porter is on some of these lists. Maybe I don't watch the Saints enough, but when I do, he shows up.

I just know that the Cowboys supposedly liked him a lot in that draft, and he may not be quite as expensive as some of the other guys on the list.
  11. AmishCowboy

AmishCowboy if you ain't first, you're last

4,337 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    I agree, he's just not really a press CB, but his style is like a younger TNew's.