1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC.COM: Cover 3? Campo Expects More Corners On Roster

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Feb 21, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,498 Messages
    3,331 Likes Received
    Josh Ellis
    DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer
    Email | Follow DCStarJEllis on Twitter

IRVING, Texas - Though they did their homework on other potential secondary coaches over the last few weeks, the Cowboys decided to stick with Dave Campo.

He and assistant secondary/safeties coach Brett Maxie are the only holdovers on a defensive staff that will look much different from a year ago, in terms of both personnel and scheme. While new coordinator Rob Ryan runs a 3-4 defense just as Wade Phillips did before him, some of their philosophies aren't the same.

Campo said one change he expects in 2011 is more manpower at the cornerback position.

Read the rest: http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news.cfm?id=496EB3B7-9885-6D3C-66FB8F67DD41EDAC
  2. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

74,989 Messages
    1,568 Likes Received
    Going back and looking at the draft profile of Akwasi Owusu-Ansah I would not be surprised to see Ryan working him out at CB which was the primary position he played in college. I know Wade saw him as a safety but I would not be so sure that Ryan will look at him the same.
  3. ZeroClub

ZeroClub just trying to get better

7,619 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm surprised that the Cowboys didn't make a change here.
  4. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,374 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I was surprised we only kept 3 CBs on the active roster last season as well (not counting Ball).
  5. AMERICAS_FAN

AMERICAS_FAN Active Member

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    To be fair to Campo, he was miffed early last season when Wade made that roster call.
  6. rash

rash Member

859 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    AOA will be one of the greatest players on our team. Lock it.
  7. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

27,959 Messages
    3,903 Likes Received
    I know we experimented with moving Ansah around, but he's not really a press corner. He'd have to develop to be a good fit there in Ryan's defense.

We're definitely adding numbers at CB for next season. Big press ones who can tackle. That's a Ryan thing. Those guys are easy to find, right?

It's crazy how thin we went there last year, honestly. I don't know where we get the bodies, but we need some bodies, for sure.
  8. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

27,959 Messages
    3,903 Likes Received
    Are you related to the guy, or sleeping with him? What percentage of your posts would you say deal with AOA in one way, shape, or form? 50%

:)
  9. rash

rash Member

859 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I'll take the jokes nice and strong. But once he does his thing; you better expect to get an earful back. All of yall!

AOA is the next big thing folks...