1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

News: DC.com: D-Coordinator Rob Ryan Not Complaining

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by CCBoy, May 1, 2011.

1. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

23,829 Messages
    4,489 Likes Received
    D-Coordinator Rob Ryan Not Complaining
    Posted by jellis at 4/30/2011 8:34 PM CDT on truebluefanclub.com

One might imagine that by selecting just two defensive players, the fewest the team has drafted since 1962, the Cowboys bosses may have infuriated their new defensive coordinator, Rob Ryan.

It doesn't appear Ryan will get any immediate, significant help from this eight-man draft class. Second-rounder Bruce Carter is still recovering from a serious knee injury. Fifth-rounder Josh Thomas is a depth player for now, at best. Again, this team gave up the second-most points in the league last year...
  2. Primetime42

Primetime42 Well-Known Member

3,343 Messages
    583 Likes Received
    Without clicking on the article, I'm going to assume Rob is excited with the talent that is already there.

These guys are good. They need to be pushed harder than they've ever been, and I think he can do that.
  3. dmq

dmq If I'm so pretty, why am I available?

6,999 Messages
    344 Likes Received
    I wonder who the assistant that complained about not getting a player in their area was? If it was Campo, I so want that guy gone.
  4. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

28,483 Messages
    3,252 Likes Received
    Yeah, I was wondering who that was also. It would not be Campo because he does not have the stones to complain to anyone because he knows this is his last stop!
  5. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,894 Likes Received
    Campo got Thomas...

It almost had to be Baker. He was on the Fan at the end of the first and was sorry Wilkerson and Heyward were taken because he was hoping they made it to 40. I guess it could've been Maxie, too.
  6. Woods

Woods Well-Known Member

12,460 Messages
    61 Likes Received
    Campo got J Thomas at CB, so I doubt it would be him. Plus, I think they all know that the Safety position is going to be sorted out in FA.
  7. dmq

dmq If I'm so pretty, why am I available?

6,999 Messages
    344 Likes Received
    Oh yeah, I am already forgetting one of our draft picks. To me someone like that isn't a team player. However, It doesn't make me feel good about what our line coach thinks of our depth.
  8. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

34,840 Messages
    4,154 Likes Received
    Some are.

Other aren't.

The only pushing Ball should be getting is out the door.
  9. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

35,083 Messages
    10,630 Likes Received
    I would move him back to Corner.

I may be way off but I still think he is a corner 1st and can be a solid 4th guy.
  10. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

34,840 Messages
    4,154 Likes Received
    Well then, I'm hoping Dallas gets a CB in FA. I don't know who or care, I just want Ball to be the odd man out. Easily one of the worst players I've watched.
  11. cjr126

cjr126 Benched

331 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    the most bizzare stat when you compare the defensive numbers from 2009 vs 2010 .. is that with essentially the exact same starting 11 (only difference in starters i believe is alan ball vs ken hamlin) in 2009 they allowed the 2nd fewest pts in the nfl with 250 and in 2010 allowed the 2nd most pts in the nfl with 436 (186 pts which is 10 more pts per game) .. that absolutely astounds me

so should we assume that the players after the bad start just quit on wade?

lets hope different d-coordinator, as well as, many different positional coaches makes a huge difference.

another interesting point is that even though we allowed 186 more pts in 2010 the defense did have 14 fewer penalties and 127 fewer penalty yds and also had 9 more int's
  12. pugilist

pugilist Stick N Move

3,897 Messages
    2,413 Likes Received
    cause he knows he getting Huff or Asomougah
  13. pugilist

pugilist Stick N Move

3,897 Messages
    2,413 Likes Received
    this.. don't even waste the time moving him back to CB, he's atrocious there too