1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC.com: Don’t Let Cutler Get Over 100

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by CCBoy, Sep 19, 2010.

1. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,309 Messages
    1,419 Likes Received
    Don’t Let Cutler Get Over 100
    Posted by nickeatman at 9/17/2010 5:13 PM CDT on truebluefanclub.com

http://www.truebluefanclub.com/blog...&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest

No, that’s a good thing we’re not talking about passing yards, considering the Bears quarterback threw for 372 in last week’s win over the Lions.

But I came across an interesting stat when looking at the career of Cutler, who will face the Cowboys for the first time in his young career.

Cutler is 16-0 as a starting quarterback when he finishes the game with a rating of over 100. Now, you know it should be a good day in general if you’ve got a rating that high, but still, an undefeated record to match is still pretty impressive. In fact, Cutler’s 1.000 winning percentage in those games tops the league among active quarterbacks...
  2. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,408 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    Thread reads funny, but I get your point.

I don't believe either QB will have a 100 rating.
  3. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,309 Messages
    1,419 Likes Received
    Cowboys set defensive sights on Chicago RB Matt Forte
    Posted at 1:54 PM on Fri., Sep. 17, 2010
    David Moore

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/09/cowboys-set-defensive-sights-o.html

There's no question who the Cowboys defense must focus on in Sunday's game.

Matt Forte . The Chicago running back had 201 total yards and two touchdowns in the team's win over Detroit. Most of that came through the air. Forte caught seven passes for 151 yards. That's the most receiving yards by a running back since Brian Westbrook had 156 yards through the air near the end of the 2004 season.

Forte should have big numbers in the offense of coordinator Mike Martz...
  4. Sarge

Sarge Happy New Year! Staff Member

21,128 Messages
    1,976 Likes Received
    Forte had one catch for an 89 yard TD last week. He is healthy this year and has his speed back - played hurt most of last year. Shut him down please.
  5. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,309 Messages
    1,419 Likes Received
    Cutler has an offensive line with the right tackle having played guard last year. The right guard has started two whole NFL games. They will have to contend with Anthony Spencer, Marcus Spears, and Jay Ratliff.

Tony Romo will have Julius Peppers to keep an eye open for. Cutler has to be keeping up with both DeMarcus Ware and Anthony Spencer. But in the offensive line, Marc Colombo and Kyle Kosier will be returning to that offense that allowed Tony Romo to hit that 100 QB rating for 55% of the games he's played in. Add in a better set of receivers now, and I'd say that the likelihood of Tony getting that 100 QB rating is much, much better from the onset.

That is, unless you were saying that the Detroit defense is on par with that of Dallas in the present.....:suxskins:
  6. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,408 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    Williams started one and gave up one sack against one of the best.
    Peppers is overrated at this point, but still good.
    2 guys coming off of injury, not really expecting much.

I know you have your homer glasses on, but step back and look at it from the outside.
  7. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,309 Messages
    1,419 Likes Received
    You ignore a multitude of facts when saying someone else isn't presenting a realistic picture. You state that you feel that Julius Peppers is on the downside of his production. But you fail to state that he will be matching up against Doug Free. He has no injury problem. That still leaves very solid play by Kosier and on the strongside by Colombo. That stands as solid on it's own merits. Who is Chicago now going to bring in to spank them and cause Romo NOT to hit his usual high levels of performance? Pink, or even orange shades cause that? One would think that the abillity to blitz and upset the Cowboy's apple cart gets much better with the strong veterans being added back into the mix. Both of who already are on the safe side of reintrance into play. They were already on the end point of effects by their respective injuries. Oh, I see, one MUST assume the sky is falling first, so as not to hit a label of homer...and you are a Redskin fan?

I'll here and now do a sig bet with you that Romo has two fewer sacks and 100 more passing yards....both.:eek: