1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

DC.com Draft Show 1/24

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by LatinMind, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,766 Messages
    710 Likes Received
    You make a good point about Fisher, but there were no QB's that we're going to go high last year, whereas this year there are 3-4 that could possibly go top 10. And the word coming out of this Senior Bowl, is not to fall too much in love with any one player, because the underclass men are considered to be significantly better. Like I said, you might be right. I'm a ND fan, and I saw him dominate good OL from good teams all year. I'd love to see him go that high.
  2. DandyDon1722

DandyDon1722 It's been a good 'un, ain't it?

2,616 Messages
    1,180 Likes Received
    You have much better grasp of the draft than I do but if that D line guy with those qualifications just isn't there in the 1st round I sure as hell hope we go safety. It's been absolutely killing us since Woodsen.
  3. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

39,145 Messages
    4,601 Likes Received
    I'm ok with a C/G there but less enthusiastic for a G in the first. I'd rather see S or DL.
  4. CowboysBrandon

CowboysBrandon Member

41 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    It's been a revolving door back there since Woodson. Roy was decent for a few years, but aside from him, we've been consistently awful.
  5. Next Years Champ

Next Years Champ Active Member

509 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    I just could NOT see them invest another #1 pick in the OL.

This whole draft is going to be defense.

It is the fastest, cheapest way to help Kiffin and the defense return to being competitive.
  6. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,903 Messages
    1,501 Likes Received
    Fisher is a prototype athlete for LT. He is a Tyron Smith body type. And Fisher is younger than Martin.

Martin is going to make one heck of an OL for someone but he isn't usually projected to LT as a pro.
    Martin is strong but light in the pants. Some teams will LOVE him, others will prefer bigger OGs/RTs

I also think Fisher and even Tyron are slight cautionary tales. It often takes time for a young OL to hit his peak. Really high picks that take a couple years are heartbreakers.

I'd love Martin in round 2 but that's a lot to pay in the top 20-25.