1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC.COM: Eatman: Defensive Play Kept This From Being Quite Offensive

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Sep 23, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,706 Messages
    6,474 Likes Received
    Nick Eatman
    DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer

ARLINGTON, Texas – I’m sure the U-word will be used a few times to describe this one.

Frankly, it shouldn’t matter. The Cowboys needed a win and they’ll take it. If you want to call it an ugly win, so be it.

The Cowboys took an ugly beat-down last week in Seattle. So based on that, ugly wins are accepted around here.

Maybe it was a good thing the Cowboys faced Josh Freeman and the Bucs in this one. A vertical passing game was nowhere to be found as Tampa had just 91 total passing yards.

Before I continue here, I have to ask … just how did the Bucs rack up 34 points on the Giants last week? You know, the Giants, the defending champs with JPP and Tuck and Osi? I mean, I know their secondary was beat up, but I can’t see these guys from Tampa putting up anything on anyone.

Maybe it goes to show just how talented this Cowboys’ secondary can be. Brandon Carr[IMG] slides over to safety in the nickel to help with Sensabaugh’s injury. Really, there is only ONE reason that can happen.

Read more: http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/a...ffensive/271c69bd-ce4a-404c-8781-3220493269d9