1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC.COM: Eatman: Hatcher’s Versatility Could Help Make Spring Decisions

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jan 29, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,076 Messages
    4,008 Likes Received
    Nick Eatman
    DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer

While free agency doesn’t technically start until the second week of March, it’s clear the Cowboys will have to make some tough decisions before then regarding the defensive line.

Will Anthony Spencer[IMG] get re-signed? What about placing the franchise tag on him again, although it will cost $10.63 million? And then what to do about Jay Ratliff[IMG], who was arrested just last week for DWI and has a contract that isn’t too cap-friendly, considering his age and injury history over the last two years.

On the surface, it seems like keeping both Spencer and Ratliff just can’t happen for financial reasons.

And that’s where Jason Hatcher[IMG] comes into play.

As the Cowboys move to a 4-3 scheme under Monte Kiffin, it’s unsure just where Hatcher will line up in this defense. But for now, it’s probably better to keep the options open.

Read more: http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/a...ecisions/6e076c6c-5ef0-4a9b-8024-d64819948019
  2. jobberone

jobberone Orangutans make great guitarists Staff Member

36,346 Messages
    3,231 Likes Received
    Hatcher will get his share of snaps either inside or out. In fact I suspect he'll get snaps all over the line.
  3. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,339 Messages
    1,222 Likes Received
    Hatcher has earned his snaps and I am happy that he has progressed on this team...also, depending on whether we can improve the DT position, I can see Crawford doing well this year. He could be the forgotten guy on this line if Hatcher and Ratliff (if in dallas) cause pressure up the middle.