1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC.com: First Impression: Broaddus Breaks Down Preseason Finale

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by CCBoy, Aug 30, 2012.

1. CCBoy

CCBoy Benched

16,573 Messages
    1,084 Likes Received
    First Impression: Broaddus Breaks Down Preseason Finale

Bryan Broaddus
    Football Analyst/Scout

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/article-bryanbroaddusblog/first-impression-broaddus%C2%A0looks-at-preseason-finale/c50931e9-6bfb-43e0-88a6-123421f8f4de

In the fourth and final preseason game, the front office and coaches have a clear plan on what they want to accomplish. The first item is to rest as many of your frontline players as possible. The second order of business is to remain as healthy as possible. The only thing worse than losing a starter to injury is to lose a backup that you were counting on for depth. And, the final objective is to confirm how you’re going to set your 53-man roster and eight practice squad spots before these games start to count.

Having been in this situation many times before, you want the plan to come together without a hitch and then move on. When I walked into my office at Valley Ranch on Wednesday morning, in my mind I had an idea of who would make up the players on this Dallas Cowboys roster, but I felt confident that I needed another game to make my final decisions.

Against the Dolphins, some actually played themselves onto the team, while others also played themselves off the team. I have to be honest. I didn’t expect running back Lance Dunbar to rush for over 100 yards, return punts or even make a tackle on kickoff coverage. Was Dunbar on my 53 this morning? No, he wasn’t. Was I hoping to get him to the practice squad? Yes, I was...
  2. starfrombirth

starfrombirth Well-Known Member

3,861 Messages
    436 Likes Received
    How in the world does that qualify as a breakdown?
  3. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    yeah pretty pathetic. I am becoming disillusioned with Broaddus; he is becoming more of a mediot all the time
  4. Cowboys22

Cowboys22 Well-Known Member

3,553 Messages
    320 Likes Received
    Did he actually say that losing a backup you were counting on for depth is worse than losing a starter? I reread that 5 times to make sure I wasn't imagining things.
  5. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,722 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    CC, thanks for posting but damn, that was a worthless article. He really needs to remove the scout label. How many years ago was that?
  6. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

8,686 Messages
    1,150 Likes Received
    Try covering the game, then by the time they get out of the stadium last night, then turn around and write an article for the morning.

Yeah artlicle didn't have a lot of information, but take it for what it is.

Man I swear people on here complain if it was 72 degrees in London, or wherever...
  7. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I noticed that, too, lol. Why didn't an editor?? I'm sure he didn't actually mean that...
  8. AdamJT13

AdamJT13 Salary Cap Analyst

14,935 Messages
    309 Likes Received
    He's not a good writer, and his "breakdowns" usually are recaps instead of breakdowns, but he's actually pretty good as a color commentator on the radio.
  9. Sportsbabe

Sportsbabe Well-Known Member

4,846 Messages
    514 Likes Received
    I thought it was me. All aspects of media has become a cess pool of nothingness. Thank God for the internet and critical thinking.
  10. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    Oh BS. If you are not going to do it right do not do it at all
  11. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,818 Messages
    2,664 Likes Received
    Agree, he's been surprisingly good filling in this preseason... And I'm not even a big fan of his. But I'd rather listen to him break down a play than Laufenberg talk about himself or tell one of those cute stories that are witty only to himself.