1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC.COM: Free Doesn’t Mind Helping Parnell, But Looking To Start

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jun 4, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,145 Messages
    6,943 Likes Received
    Nick Eatman
    DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer

IRVING, Texas – For the final month of the 2012 season, Doug Free saw the Cowboys take away half of his reps at right tackle.

Last month, the Cowboys took away half of his salary for this season.

But make no mistake, Doug Free’s drive to compete and win the starting job back is plenty full.

Yet, the seventh-year-pro plans to handle the upcoming competition with Jermey Parnell the same way he handled the last three months of not knowing his future with the club. He’ll keep his head down, mouth shut, and will be ready to play.

“Any time you’re competing against a guy, you’re going to either step it up to the next level or fade away,” Free said. “Just every day, I’m going to come out and do my best and try to stay positive about the whole deal. Anything I can help Jermey with, being an older guy, I’m going to try and help him. Anything I can do to make the team better is what I’m here for.”

Read the rest: http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/a...o-Start-/75278871-ab2c-4c42-8344-047f84d035a0
  2. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,931 Messages
    7,686 Likes Received
    There are some great quotes in that article. I enjoyed that. Thanks for posting it WG.