1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC.COM: Friday Notebook: FB Questionable; Jerry On Moss

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Oct 8, 2010.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

63,350 Messages
    2,199 Likes Received
    Nick Eatman
    DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer
    Email | Follow nickeatman on Twitter

IRVING, Texas - When the starter goes out, it usually means the backup steps in.

Unless of course, there is no backup. And that's the case for the Cowboys with the fullback position. Gronkowski is listed as questionable to play after missing practice on both Thursday and Friday here at Valley Ranch. The rookie fullback from Arizona was able to practice Wednesday, but has been bothered by the injury since last week.

Moss A "Sleeping Giant"

"I think that has been ingrained in him. I apologize, I apologize, I apologize," Jones said with a grin. "I don't believe that's going to do any good. He's too much of a competitor. He's a real competitor, and I've known all my life that when people say you can't do it or when people pass over you thinking that somebody else can do it, all that does is inspire you.

Jones Supports Neighbor Rangers

These are the sports-intensive weekends Jerry Jones envisioned when Cowboys Stadium broke ground in Arlington, Texas, just down the street from the Ballpark in Arlington.

"We have always thought one of the reasons that Arlington was so appealing is the fact that it's in the center of North Texas. But it was also in Arlington there with the Rangers right there and created a perception of competition and entertainment. We had it aggregated because of the Rangers and us being there. All of that lifts the boat, and what makes that really work is when everybody's winning. I know one that's winning out there - it's the Rangers, and that's exciting and ought to lift our boat."

Read more: http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news.cfm?id=8E2072EE-AD8E-7786-79CB927BEF2B79F8