1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC.COM: Injured RB Tanner Forced To Rest On His Laurels For Now

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Aug 23, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,137 Messages
    6,915 Likes Received
    Josh Ellis
    DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer

IRVING, Texas – The growing excitement over undrafted rookie running back Jamize Olawale[IMG] has a familiar ring to it. This time last year, there was another guy just like him, trying to prove he deserved a spot.

Were it not for a hand injury, Phillip Tanner[IMG] would almost certainly be getting a bulk of the carries that have gone to Olawale in these preseason games. While he recovers, hopefully in time for the preseason finale, Tanner is working to stay positive.

“I try to tell myself to focus on the things that I can control,” Tanner said. “That just means paying attention in meetings, paying attention in walkthroughs, keeping my body in shape, running and staying mentally prepared.”

Read the rest: http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/a...-For-Now/bbeb2b10-2684-40ff-8592-9888e05f566d
  2. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,242 Messages
    1,406 Likes Received
    My first question here, would be to how well they are at blocking in passing situations...both Phillip Tanner and Jamize Olawale. I'm sold on keeping them both around when the final roster sounds. They both would serve on special teams, I assume as well. But I'm really kind of excited about what they both could add offensively to the team. They can take some of the pounding to get to and through black and blue, December.