1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC.COM: Jenkins, Bernadeau Among Five Players Headed To PUP

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jul 25, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

63,456 Messages
    2,312 Likes Received
    Nick Eatman
    DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer

The start of training camp has officially begun at Valley Ranch with the first of three early-morning practices, mostly for rookies and selected vets.

There are some players returning from injury like Morris Claiborne[IMG] and Dan Connor[IMG] who are on the field, but bigger news surrounds a handful of players who won’t be cleared for the start of practice on Monday, July 30.
    With that, they will be headed to PUP (Physically Unable to Perform), meaning they won’t officially count on the 90-man roster.

Those players include cornerback Mike Jenkins[IMG], guard Mackenzy Bernadeau[IMG], wide receiver Danny Coale[IMG], guard Kevin Kowalski[IMG] and free safety Matt Johnson[IMG], who has battled a hamstring injury over the last month.

Read more: http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/a...d-To-PUP/c423fa52-d23e-4767-8937-f28f2366b5dc
  2. M'Kevon

M'Kevon A Love Supreme

3,192 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    Kowalski? I don't recall any reports on his injury? :confused:
  3. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,141 Messages
    194 Likes Received
    me either....:bang2: costa would did you do:laugh2:
  4. myslamsareolder

myslamsareolder Member

182 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Man, I had such high hopes for Matt Johnson, but the dumb NFL rule held him out. The one day he was there he showed major flash just by watching videos of the practices he missed. Now he is going to miss the rookie pre-camp and possibly some of camp.:bang2: I hope he isn't gone for more than a day or two of camp. Sensi's injury could have really opened the door for him to show something early. :/

I also had huge hopes for Coale, but they were tempered early and it isn't surprising he isn't ready yet. I think Coale will be a very good 2/3 WR within a couple years, but this injury probably set him back from taking the #3 this year.
  5. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

5,238 Messages
    287 Likes Received
    how serious is this injury?
  6. diehard2294

diehard2294 America's Team

4,275 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    I believe he hurt his hamstring in OTA's
  7. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

8,571 Messages
    1,853 Likes Received
    Kowalski has an ankle injury. It either happened during or before the 1st OTA in May.

This is going to put him behind, not only in missed reps, but he has missed at least 2 months of heavy lower-body lifting. This is very unfortunate for a player that really needs to get bigger/stronger.
  8. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Reportedly Jenkins can't even throw a football ball overhand. He's a long, long ways away. Thank God for the Claiborne trade, because I would be crapping bricks going into the season with Carr and Scandrick as starters, with Lord knows who as the nickel corner, in a defensive system that almost entirely depends on cornerbacks who can play man press.

I'm sure guys like Norm and Bob Sturm who were ranting and raving that the Claiborne trade was unnecessary because cornerback wasn't that big of a need will immediately retract their statements.