1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC.COM: Jones Disappointed, But Not Discouraged By 1-3

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Oct 14, 2010.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,310 Messages
    4,273 Likes Received
    Rob Phillips
    DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer
    Email | Follow robphillips3 on Twitter

IRVING, Texas - As his team stands 1-3 for the first time in nine years, Cowboys owner/general Jerry Jones is "disappointed … but not discouraged" with a critical road trip to Minnesota looming Sunday.

Jones still has high expectations for a mostly intact roster (20 of 22 returning starters) that advanced to the NFC Divisional Round last season, losing 34-3 to the Vikings some 10 months ago. And he can't help but notice the current parity throughout the rest of the conference.

The Cowboys are 1.5 games behind the Eagles, Giants and Redskins (3-2) in the NFC East. But 13 of the 16 teams have at least two losses; six have at least three losses. The playoffs are still reachable one month into the season.

Read more: http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news.cfm?id=AD0A35E1-071D-C085-67849EDC0D3EA6CC
  2. koolaid

koolaid Drink Me

1,764 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    Lots of people want it, but firing Wade mid season will not help our chances of making the playoffs. All we can do is keep playing our game and hopefully cut down on mistakes. I know I'm not jumping ship yet.
  3. LandryFan

LandryFan Well-Known Member

1,948 Messages
    63 Likes Received
    You're not alone, Koolaid.
  4. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,400 Messages
    2,124 Likes Received
    Losing wont help our chances either.

Just saying.
  5. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,415 Messages
    748 Likes Received
    Many times coaching changes have resulted in immediate turn a rounds on football teams. This team could be a prime example, it is not a bottom dweller, in fact, almost all believe it is a super contender. What we have is a team divided, Wade's group, and Garrett's group. two guys struggling to control as much as possible. The players see that, the whole team concept is lost.

Even if you just give JG the head job, things should become much better. If Campo gets the defense, they will work together. We know Campo's defenses play a spirited disciplined game. I think Campo calls a much better defense than Wade does. Wade's defenses have always been big play on one down and blown assignments and big gain for the offense on the next. He's always been that way, people see the big sack and say; gee, Wade is great, then they tend to dismiss the screw-up on 3rd and 15.

I'm not giving up on the season either, but it should be obvious to everybody that Wade's not the guy. I don't know if JG is or not, but right now he's the best we can do, it may just be enough.
  6. ZeroClub

ZeroClub just trying to get better

7,619 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    9-7 teams are likely to make the playoffs. All is not lost.

I'd keep Wade unless / until the team loses 8 games.