1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC.com: Kosier Release Official; Provides Cap Relief

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by CCBoy, Mar 20, 2012.

1. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

14,603 Messages
    368 Likes Received
    Kosier Release Official; Provides Cap Relief
    Posted by rphillips at 3/19/2012 2:47 PM CDT on dallascowboys.com

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/r...&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest

IRVING, Texas – The end in Dallas appeared near for Kyle Kosier when the Cowboys committed some $30 million to free agent guards Nate Livings and Mackenzy Bernadeau last week.

As expected, the club officially waived their six-year starter on Monday – a move that will save them up to $1.5 million in salary cap space.

Originally signed as a free agent in 2006, Kosier started all 16 games in four of his six seasons with the Cowboys. He missed all but three games in 2008 after landing on injured reserve with a right foot injury, and he also missed three games in 2010 due to injuries.

The 33-year-old tore his MCL in the 2011 season finale, and before that he played throughout the season with a plantar fascia injury....
  2. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

14,603 Messages
    368 Likes Received
    Here's the punchline:

'Livings and Berndeau appear to be the projected guard starters for 2012, with second-year veterans Bill Nagy and Kevin Kowalski behind them.'
  3. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,156 Messages
    434 Likes Received
    I think they still have hope for Arkin. I think Livings is a stop gap until Arkin gets a little stronger. I can see Livings here for 2 years and then Arkin takes over.
  4. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

14,603 Messages
    368 Likes Received
    If the Cowboys do pull the trigger on DeCastro and a center, I say Arkin and Costa both have a hard road to stay to be on the roster for this next season.
  5. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,632 Messages
    1,956 Likes Received
    I hate how they mis-inform. "committed some $30 million" does not tell the story. It's barely $10m guaranteed.
  6. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

31,136 Messages
    1,995 Likes Received
    I don't see the Cowboys drafting 2 more interior lineman... 1 yeah, but not 2.
  7. wittenacious

wittenacious Active Member

2,805 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Glad you pointed this out. Guaranteed $$$ @ 1/3 of what they chose to reference.

Re: Kyle Kosier. He played through pain of body and bad teams the last few years and yet he never complained publicly. Thanks, KK, for the heart and effort you played with as a Dallas Cowboy. You're a true Pro. Best wishes.
  8. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

14,603 Messages
    368 Likes Received
    In actuality, I think tight end and wide receiver now are as likely as guard or center...but that is on positional need discussion. Not BPA...which COULD be both DeCastro and Konz in a projection.

Myself, I think the team hits the draft grabbing defensive difference makers...if you are going for actual picks.
  9. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

14,603 Messages
    368 Likes Received
    Agreed. With his departure and Marc Colombo before him, some of the temperament and sense of the offensive line departed. Now, there is a whole road ahead for on roster lineman.

And much of how they perform, proving themselves, will revolve around just how much they respect and commit to defend Tony Romo...