1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC.COM: LA Story Part 3: Nation Finds Out This Big Rookie Can Run

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jan 31, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,686 Messages
    6,428 Likes Received
    Nick Eatman
    DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer

(Editor’s Note: As former Cowboys’ Pro Bowl lineman Larry Allen approaches this weekend’s Pro Football Hall of Fame announcement, where it’s expected “LA” will get the prestigious honor in his first year of eligibility, the staff at DallasCowboys.com will reflect on his career all week. Today, we recall one of the first plays that put Larry Allen on the map, and one that is still a fan favorite.)

In 1994, the Cowboys were trying to do what no team has ever done in NFL history – something that still hasn’t been accomplished today: win three straight Super Bowls.

That was the goal and the mindset for the Cowboys, who had the biggest and brightest of targets on their chest each week.

It was a team of stars in Troy Aikman, Michael Irvin and Emmitt Smith, who was coming off a glorious season in 1993, when he was NFL and Super Bowl MVP.

The defense was considered an underrated group that had playmakers such as Charles Haley and Darren Woodson and the offensive line was one of the best in football, even without Erik Williams, who had a scary car accident that put him out for the season.

Enter Larry Allen, a second-round pick from tiny Sonoma State in Calif. He was big, he was strong and … we found out in New Orleans one night that he was pretty fast.

Read more: http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/a...Can-Run-/f3854909-a922-4b2f-9871-7d18a0971484
  2. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,036 Messages
    1,904 Likes Received
    I feel bad for the Fans who were not able to watch those Cowboys teams. For almost 20 years now, many Cowboys Fans have been listening to stories of those teams. I wished that they would have had the chance to see them play. They were special.

I am lucky to have been around to see them.
  3. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,236 Messages
    506 Likes Received
    Yes they were. I can only imagine what could have been if 2 things had happend.

1. There was no FA or salary cap like in the 80's
    2. Jimmy and Jerry had stayed together for at least 10 years.