1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC.COM: Looking Ahead: Game 1 Preview: Storylines Aplenty For Opener

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jun 21, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,309 Messages
    4,270 Likes Received
    Nick Eatman
    DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer
    Email | Follow nickeatman on Twitter

(Editor's Note: While there may be uncertainty surrounding the NFL this offseason, the regular-season schedule remains intact. With that, DallasCowboys.com will preview each game in a 16-part series profiling the Cowboys' 2011 opponents - their offseason outlook, a projected key match-up for the game, draft news, along with the recent and overall history between the two. Today, we'll start off with Game 1 against the New York Jets.)

WHAT: Dallas Cowboys at NY Jets
    WHEN: Sunday, Sept. 11, 7:20 p.m. (CT)
    WHERE: New Meadowlands Stadium, East Rutherford, N.J.
    SERIES: Cowboys lead series 7-2

Storylines:
    The season opener usually sells itself, but it doesn't hurt that the Cowboys will get the first Sunday night game of the season against the Jets, played at the New Meadowlands Stadium on the 10th year anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks. The Cowboys can find out right off the bat how much improvement has been made from the 6-10 season of 2010 when they face a Jets squad that finished 11-5 last year and has made two straight AFC Championship Games.

Only the season opener can trump the Ryan vs. Ryan showdown that will take place between Jets head coach Rex Ryan and Cowboys defensive coordinator Rob Ryan, who will make his Cowboys debut.

Read the rest: http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news.cfm?id=AF2CFBD9-050A-937F-888BBE0F0636E124
  2. ZeroClub

ZeroClub just trying to get better

7,619 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    2007 doesn't seem so long ago, but the rosters have changed some ...

[IMG]
  3. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,290 Messages
    287 Likes Received
    Love the Ryan vs Ryan storyline, but I sure wish the Cowboys could play the Jets later in the year when their new defense has had time to be assimilated...
  4. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,692 Messages
    2,016 Likes Received
    On the other hand you go out and beat the Jets in week 1 think of the confidence that will build for this team. I do agree this is a heck of a challenge to open the season but I tend to like that because it helps give a true reading on what we have to do to improve. I would rather do that in week 1 with 15 more games ahead of us.