1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC.COM: Looking Ahead: Game 5: Premier Franchises To Collide

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jun 29, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,190 Messages
    7,002 Likes Received
    Rob Phillips
    DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer
    Email

(Editor's Note: While there may be uncertainty surrounding the NFL this offseason, the regular-season schedule remains intact. With that, DallasCowboys.com will preview each game in a 16-part series profiling the Cowboys' 2011 opponents -- their offseason and draft news, along with the recent and overall history between the two. Today, we'll preview Game 5 against the New England Patriots.)

WHAT: Dallas Cowboys at New England Patriots
    WHEN: Sunday, Oct. 16, 3:05 p.m. (CT)
    WHERE: Gillette Stadium, Foxborough, Mass.
    SERIES: Cowboys lead series, 7-3
    Storylines:
    • Bill Belichick and Jason Garrett - Heard from colleagues that the two head coaches have quite a lot in common. Garrett might smile a little bit more (OK, a lot more) than Belichick, but their coaching styles have similarities. They're bright, organized, direct and demanding. They run tight ships. Belichick's among the best in league history. Garrett's career is just getting started.
    • Rob Ryan's rings - He won two with New England (2001, 2003) as their linebackers coach before he got his first NFL defensive coordinator job in Oakland. Outside of the Ryan family, Belichick is one of his influences.
    Read the rest: http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news.cfm?id=D83FFB6F-937E-0596-3E48A5AFD7E650B8
  2. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,961 Messages
    1,106 Likes Received
    This game is the one I'm probably most excited about. Last time we went into Foxborough was with Parcells and it was a big game too. A Monday Night game if I recall. We got blanked like 10-0. I remember it being a defensive battle.

I cannot wait to see Garrett's Cowboys (our Cowboys) roll into Gillette Stadium. Should be a very good game.
  3. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

7,647 Messages
    1,261 Likes Received
    It was on a Sunday night and we lost 12-0.