1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC.com: More Than Excited, Chapas Sounds Ready

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by CCBoy, Dec 2, 2011.

1. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,098 Messages
    1,340 Likes Received
    More Than Excited, Chapas Sounds Ready
    Posted by nickeatman at 12/1/2011 5:27 PM CST on dallascowboys.com

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/n...&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest

While Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said it appears the health status for fullback Tony Fiammetta has improved recently to the point that he could return to action, it won’t be this week in Arizona.

And the Cowboys have also decided they won’t be using tight end John Phillips as the primary fullback either.

That is why rookie fullback Shaun Chapas is on the 53-man roster, getting called up on Tuesday. Chapas is expected to have a role in the offense as the lead blocker for DeMarco Murray and Felix Jones, but also on special teams, too.

“I’m looking forward to it,” Chapas said of making his NFL debut against the Cardinals. “I got the call the other day and I was pretty excited. I’m just going to keep working and go have fun on Sunday.”

Chapa, a seventh-round pick from Georgia who has spent most of the season on the practice squad, is a true fullback, one that understands the position...
  2. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,867 Messages
    2,645 Likes Received
    Picture Kevin Bacon getting out of the shower to answer the phone in "Apollo 13." That is how Chapas reacted when he got the call to come up to the big flight.
  3. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think he'll do a fairly good job honestly...
  4. Carolina Cowboy

Carolina Cowboy Well-Known Member

695 Messages
    367 Likes Received
    That is exactly the image I had in my head before reading your post. Terrific movie. If not for Braveheart, it gets the Best Picture nod for sure.
  5. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,624 Messages
    1,156 Likes Received
    I hope he's ready. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can get done Sunday.
  6. Keystone_Heavy

Keystone_Heavy Member

275 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Best part is, even if he goes out there and is shakey at the start of the game, we can always go back to Philips.
  7. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

9,016 Messages
    456 Likes Received
    He better be more than Sound ready.

He can make a huge impression on this team if he can help Murray to some big gains.

Knock some heads, and help push Murray over the 1000 yard mark for this season.
  8. 8FOR!3

8FOR!3 Well-Known Member

1,332 Messages
    50 Likes Received
    Honestly I think I'd do a fairly decent job against Arizona. :laugh2:Seriously though, hopefully a team like that will allow him to shine.