1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC.com: Nagy Reportedly Claimed Off Waivers By Detroit Lions

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Nation, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Nation

Nation Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,281 Messages
    821 Likes Received
  2. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,610 Messages
    103 Likes Received
    Guess this means all of our interior linemen suck and noone in the league would ever want any of them....

Wait....
  3. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,439 Messages
    410 Likes Received
    Is Matt Millen back in town?

jk
  4. ROUSH8692

ROUSH8692 Well-Known Member

1,194 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    They can have him
  5. Wimbo

Wimbo Active Member

4,133 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Stephen Peterman 2.0
  6. tayloner182

tayloner182 Active Member

254 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    That's irritating. I think he had potential, if he could ever get past this ankle thing. Was hoping to sneak him through waivers and place him on our IR in hopes of being a possible starter next year.
  7. Wulfman

Wulfman Unofficial GM

1,300 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    Peterman has been a solid starter for them, and if Nagy can stay healthy, he may be as well.

Not good news, in my opinion, but it's what they had to do for their own roster needs.
  8. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,723 Messages
    919 Likes Received
    Nagy played well against the Lions last year. Maybe they figured he could develop down the road. Not good new at all.
  9. unionjack8

unionjack8 Well-Known Member

1,956 Messages
    283 Likes Received
    surely though they cant just IR him themselves now can nthey? There must be a rule in place here.
  10. CoCo

CoCo Well-Known Member

5,532 Messages
    91 Likes Received
    My thought as well. I presume they'll have to carry him on their roster and wait out the rehab. I suspect Dallas did want him but thought they could sneak him through while everyone is concerned about evaluation healthy rosters of 90.

Detroit, once they see his condition, might determine they can't wait either. Who knows. While I am disappointed, at the same time we are not lacking in developmental projects. Arkin, Kowalski, Leary, Parnell, Costa...
  11. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,273 Messages
    479 Likes Received
    Why couldn't we just place him on IR? You mean to tell me that if Witten had to miss the year we will have to waive him?
  12. BAZ

BAZ Drunken Mick

2,452 Messages
    299 Likes Received
    Pfft what have Dallas rejects ever done for the Lions......oh..
  13. Deep_Freeze

6,610 Messages
    103 Likes Received
    He's a young OL with starting experience for free.

Sometimes patience is rewarded, but here they better be an All-Pro as a rookie or feed them to the pigs.
  14. dargonking999

dargonking999 DKRandom

11,793 Messages
    172 Likes Received
    Not if they wait until after final cuts.
  15. CCBoy

CCBoy Benched

16,573 Messages
    1,087 Likes Received
    Thanks for the update...
  16. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,151 Messages
    261 Likes Received
    It happens...I think Nagy has a future as a solid OL. He has the feet and decent technique. He obviously needs to get stronger. I wouldve preferred to keep him around...
  17. Nation

Nation Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,281 Messages
    821 Likes Received
    You can't place players on IR until final cuts. If we had to (and I pray to God we don't) put Witten on IR that's when we'd do it, because with the rosters currently expanded a player must pass through waivers first so they aren't simply being stashed there.
  18. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,141 Messages
    1,461 Likes Received
    There is a pun somewhere in this...

;)
  19. CCBoy

CCBoy Benched

16,573 Messages
    1,087 Likes Received
    Nagy Reportedly Claimed Off Waivers By Detroit Lions

Posted 21 minutes ago

Josh EllisDallasCowboys.com Staff Writer

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/a...it-Lions/158ea2d5-d910-4368-8263-180466c97287

The Cowboys won't get to keep guard Bill Nagy after all, according to a report.

Tim Twentyman, a writer for DetroitLions.com, tweets that the team has been awarded former Cowboys seventh-round pick Bill Nagy after putting in a waiver claim.

Nagy, who had been expected to compete for a job as the Cowboys' starting center this year, suffered a high sprain of the same ankle that he broke against New England last year, and is expected to require season-ending surgery. He was waived/injured by the Cowboys on Wednesday. The team would have retained his rights and been able to place him on the Injured Reserve had he gone unclaimed.

It's a disappointing loss for the Cowboys, who were impressed enough with Nagy last year to make him their opening day starter....
  20. Deep_Freeze

6,610 Messages
    103 Likes Received
    Nah I'm just sick of the attitude that our young guys have no talent, without even giving them a chance to develop.

Offensive linemen are among the positions which take the longest to develop, but just saying they stink currently and they will never get better, so we need to overdraft a position that is very low in terms of premium positions just irritates me.... its just so short-sighted.