1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC.COM: Not Oblivious To The Rumors, Garrett Vows To Remain Focused

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Nov 6, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,139 Messages
    6,920 Likes Received
    Nick Eatman
    DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer

IRVING ,Texas - Jason Garrett isn’t naïve to it. While his focus was on beating the Falcons Sunday night, even the Cowboys’ head coach was aware of the rumors that had circulated throughout the day.

With the Cowboys 3-5 and a familiar, and yet successful coach possibly on the market, it’s only natural for there to be intrigue.

Garrett said he was aware of the Payton speculation, but promised it didn’t affect his focus for the game.

"There's a lot of stories that circulate around our game," Garrett said Monday afternoon. "So certainly some people bring those kinds of things to my attention, but again we're focus on what we need to do. We had heck of a challenge (Sunday night) in Atlanta, trying to play an undefeated team so that's where our attention was. Trust me, I'm focused on what we need to do and I'm just focused on coaching this team as best I can and getting our team to play as well as we can play.”

Read the rest: http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/a...ocused--/6ccf337f-3333-479b-a18e-1330b6368330
  2. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

2,815 Messages
    635 Likes Received
    How many times does Jason have to say the Falcons are undefeated?

He's feeling the pressure big time.
  3. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,885 Messages
    7,629 Likes Received
    I think you're reading into it. He's probably making a point of reminding people since our entire fanbase seems to have convinced themselves that we were favored to win that game on Sunday. Or that the Giants, Ravens, and Falcons who have put us on this three game skid aren't all legitimately better teams than we are right now. (Though I personally think we're comparable to the Giants, it's hard to make that case with our current respective records).
  4. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,849 Messages
    2,331 Likes Received
    "stacking relaxes me and takes the pressure off"

jason garrett
  5. silver

silver Well-Known Member

5,451 Messages
    344 Likes Received
    “You are what your record says you are.” Bill Parcells.

[IMG]
  6. Idgit

31,885 Messages
    7,629 Likes Received
    Yep. Tell that to the Giants who were 6-6 in week 13 last season before winning the Superbowl.

You are what your record says you are, at the end of the season. During the year, there are variances because of the quality of the teams you play is not uniform.
  7. silver

silver Well-Known Member

5,451 Messages
    344 Likes Received
    Yes and I agree. I was referring to what you said about making comparisons to the Giants this year that it was hard because of our records. They are clearly the better team if you go by BP's rule.
  8. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received

Tom Coughlin is a hell of a football coach. Bringing up "Ohhhh but the Giants did this or the Giants did that" is wholly irrelevant.
  9. Idgit

31,885 Messages
    7,629 Likes Received
    We'll see at the end of the season. I think we'll end up with about a game of separation between the two, and I think the two contests between us have been pretty even.

He is. But that doesn't make the argument irrelevant. Either you are what your record says you are in the middle of a season, or there are other factors that come into play and you're not what your record says you are. Things like how good your coach is, injuries, the relative strength of the teams you've played part way through your schedule....they all matter.
  10. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Stackin and Processin, Well

8,609 Messages
    487 Likes Received
    Not sure if serious.
  11. Idgit

31,885 Messages
    7,629 Likes Received
    It's serious. What's not to be serious about?
  12. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,849 Messages
    2,331 Likes Received
    when it comes to making excuses and distraction Idgit is as serious as a heart attack
  13. rickjameschinaclub

rickjameschinaclub Benched

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well, Tom Coughlin has won 2 SBs and taken an expansion Jaguars team to the AFC championship game, so he kind of has a track record of 'turning his team around'.

Garrett on the other hand... let's just stop there...