1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC.COM: Notes: Starters To Get More Time Sunday

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Aug 20, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,563 Messages
    3,423 Likes Received
    Posted by nickeatman at 8/19/2011 6:47 PM CDT on dallascowboys.com

While Jason Garrett said he wasn’t sure the exact play-number for his starters, he did say Sundays’ game with the Chargers would be more work for the first-team units than the preseason opener last week against Denver.

“I don’t know specifically because we haven’t had that meeting yet but I anticipate them playing a little more than last week,” Garrett said. “They played a long series on each side of the ball (against Denver) and got into that 8-10-12 play mentality. We’ll probably go longer than that. I can’t guarantee you a play number but we just anticipate them playing longer. Hopefully into the second quarter and maybe double the snaps.”

A couple of rookies – Tyron Smith and David Arkin – got a few more reps than the starters last week as the Cowboys were giving the youngsters more time. Smith should play most of the first half and the same could go for Bill Nagy, who will likely replace Arkin this week as the starting left guard. Nagy has made the most of his opportunity to work with the first team and will likely take that into Sunday’s game.

Read Nick's Practice Points: http://www.truebluefanclub.com/blog...&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest