1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC.COM: Nothing Official But Things Are Shaking On Coaching Staff

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jan 17, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,713 Messages
    6,476 Likes Received
    Nick Eatman
    DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer

IRVING, Texas – The Cowboys made no official moves on Thursday.

Yet there certainly seems to be a lot going on, especially as they try to get ready for next week’s Senior Bowl down in Mobile, Ala. That’s usually the time teams want to have their entire coaching staff in place.

At this point, there are plenty of spots to fill and the Cowboys spent Thursday working on several different scenarios.

Read the rest on what has occurred, been reported or even suggested concerning the Cowboys’ coaching staff:

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/a...ng-Staff/bf0083d2-ef88-45ce-9b0d-471f7b4e37e4
  2. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,027 Messages
    9,123 Likes Received
    I don't think it's right to say teams usually want to have their full staff in place by the Senior Bowl. There's a lot of job interviewing that goes on there.
  3. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

5,530 Messages
    722 Likes Received

You are right about this, but from what I've read the Cowboys wanted to get their staff positions filled before they left for the Senior Bowl.
  4. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,531 Messages
    2,217 Likes Received
    I would agree. Probably not all teams put that much stock in having the staff complete before then. Happens last week of January, doesn't it?

You'd be ruling out all possible guys you could pluck from the Superbowl teams.