1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC.com: Romo Confident WRs Will Improve Sunday

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by CCBoy, Sep 30, 2011.

1. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

14,328 Messages
    266 Likes Received
    The Receiving End
    Romo Confident WRs Will Improve Sunday
    Nick Eatman
    DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news.cfm?id=B740A7A9-05CC-AC0D-9975EA712EFDAAE3

IRVING, Texas – Tony Romo's level of frustration reached a near boiling point at times in Monday's game with the Redskins.

The pain in his ribs, a lack of offensive execution and miscommunication on the shotgun snaps all played a major role in Romo showing more emotion in the huddle and on the sidelines than ever before.

But it seemed like his receiving corps gave him the most fits throughout the game, something Romo said afterward would have to get cleaned up in a hurry with the Lions coming to town.

On Thursday, Romo backed his young receivers, which all might have to play big roles this week if Miles Austin and Dez Bryant are both out of the lineup. Austin isn't expected to play with a hamstring injury, while Bryant missed another practice Thursday with this nagging thigh bruise. It's likely Bryant will play, but he could be highly limited again.

That'll put more emphasis again on the likes of Kevin Ogletree, Laurent Robinson, Jesse Holley and Dwayne Harris...
  2. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

17,135 Messages
    1,020 Likes Received
    Great quote from Romo and a nice one to support Ogletree after a rough night.

For Ogletree's and everyone's sake, I hope Romo is right.
  3. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,014 Messages
    1,580 Likes Received
    As do I. All we can hope for is they addressed this with Ogletree and he is ready to move on and do the job he is being asked.
  4. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,252 Messages
    262 Likes Received
    if o-tree have one more game like he did monday night, I would be ready to demote or cut him. He better play like every play is his last. Get in the playbook. Know your routes. Heck get in the film room with romo and ask him what he see's and etc. Get on the same page.
  5. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,641 Messages
    320 Likes Received
    I hope Romo is right too.
  6. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,685 Messages
    1,133 Likes Received
    I mean they can't be much worse lol
  7. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,641 Messages
    320 Likes Received
    It sounds like DEZ is very questionable-I somehow hope DEZ can play.