1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC.COM: Ryan Will Move Jenkins Around; Likens Traits To Woodson

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Sep 15, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,293 Messages
    3,167 Likes Received
    IRVING, Texas – Cornerback Mike Jenkins will be on the 46-man game-day roster for the first time since last year’s regular season finale. The only uncertainty is how he will be utilized.

Defensive coordinator Rob Ryan said Jenkins has the same type of versatile attributes as another All-Pro cornerback he had in Oakland. It’s a unique ability that should allow Jenkins to play in multiple spots across the field in Ryan’s defense, possibly even at safety.

“When I had Charles Woodson in Oakland, Charles Woodson’s an All-Pro corner, but he can also do a lot of other things,” Ryan said. “I think Mike Jenkins has those types of traits.

“Right now we have to work him in, to get him in game shape to get him going again. We’ll have one heck of a problem, and that’s not a problem at all.”

Read ther est: http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/a...-Woodson/6b44e9c5-f8eb-417b-98ce-6b6778f11ff1
  2. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,149 Messages
    1,094 Likes Received
    If Jenkins is half the player Woodson has been I'll be ecstatic.

The problem is I've never really seen Jenkins having the traits that has made Woodson special:

A) Woodson is a turn-over machine -- interceptions and forced fumbles
    B) Woodson has been one of the top 2 or 3 run stopping corners in the league for a long long time and has always seemed fearless operating close to the line of scrimmage.

Jenkins has averaged 2.5 interception and .25 Forced Fumbles per season so far in his career. I'm hoping he can increase those totals dramatically this year.