1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC.COM: Spagnola: This Program Heading In The Right Direction

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jan 4, 2013.

1. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

5,808 Messages
    496 Likes Received
    How did the Cowboys fizzle at the end? They had a GREAT December. They played well despite injuries.
  2. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

18,985 Messages
    427 Likes Received
    Last game last year, loss against Giants in a do-or-die situation.
    Last game this year, loss against the Skins in a do-or-die situation.

Fizzle at the end.
  3. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,657 Messages
    685 Likes Received
    Uh, they lost their last two games? They got blitzed to hell and had the QB gun shy like every other loss to end the season going back at least 5 seasons. They lost three straight do or die division games?

Are you serious. What do you mean how did they fizzle?
  4. cowboyeric8

cowboyeric8 Chicks dig crutches

5,187 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    Yep it sure is a mystery why quality posters don't post here anymore.

Great take on it Mickey and if you don't think this team is heading in the right direction you are ignorant and have an agenda. Oh but when the team does well you all can claim "I'm glad I was wrong!" I don't buy that bs you all spew.
  5. Coy

Coy Well-Known Member

2,131 Messages
    503 Likes Received
    They lost the last two games in December, couldn't get into the playoffs but they had a GREAT December? SMH
  6. cowboyeric8

5,187 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    They sure as hell did. I'm proud of the way they played all season.
  7. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,657 Messages
    685 Likes Received
    It's refreshing to know some people aren't worried about wins and losses.
  8. Coy

Coy Well-Known Member

2,131 Messages
    503 Likes Received
    One thing is to be proud of the way they played and another to say they played GREAT but to each his own I guess.
  9. cowboyeric8

5,187 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    Where the hell did I say that? I swear it is miserable for people to post here because of people like you.

The Cowboys are heading in the right direction. Take time to stop whining and look at a bigger picture.
  10. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,657 Messages
    685 Likes Received
    Get over yourself. If you can't handle someone arguing with you, then stay off the internet. You can't even have a conversation without calling people names.
  11. cowboyeric8

5,187 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    And where did I call you a name?
  12. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,630 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    You're absolutely correct on both accounts, this board has lost a lot of quality posters and its difficult at times to even engage in conversation with most of the newer posters. Its a damn shame too, this board was awesome. Its not even close to what it use to be.

Also, there's no doubt in my mind that this team is going in the right direction. JG and this staff are doing a damn good job of getting their guys, changing the culture, and developing a mentally tough team. It takes time but folks want things NOW and it doesn't always happen like that. I like what's going on with this team, injuries slowed the process this year but JG and his staff still had us in the Div hunt. Its definately going in th right direction in my eyes. Can't wait for next year already.
  13. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

27,963 Messages
    989 Likes Received
    that's the problem. many of us who simply don't post much anymore are not here and never have been here for an "argument". discussion, sure. debate, sure.

but people have to make things a fight and it's just not worth it.
  14. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,657 Messages
    685 Likes Received
    I'm not here to give you a lesson on civility.

I'm waiting for the team to learn how to block a blitz when it matters before I pronounce improvements. I'm way beyond morale victories. Do I think this year squad is better than last year? Yes.

Does it matter when you're still getting your butts kicked on a national stage with everything on the line? Not really. Every year, people start with the excuse making and if you think it gets tired to hear people complain about the team, you think it's any less annoying to see people dream up reasons why a loss is not really a loss?

Then state your opinion and chill. Don't jump in a thread and declare that everyone that disagrees with you is a bad poster and a whiner. What kind of nonsense is that? And like every other conversation, once you state your opinion, you better be prepared to have people disagree.
  15. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

17,097 Messages
    976 Likes Received
    Any other debates aside, I think we can all agree on this point.
  16. iceberg

27,963 Messages
    989 Likes Received
    why? did someone pass a law that says you're the model example for how people have to post? i should not have to come in here with Kevlar armor on because someone will go on a rage if i disagree with them and start calling me homer, kook aide drinker, happy fan and the like.

i never said people who disagree with me are bad posters either. but much like you just did to eric here, you say they're doing something then run away from the accusation cause you were wrong. did he call you a name?

no. yet all you do is scold him about lessons in civility. i can easily see you're not qualified to teach that class anyway.

like i said, many of us don't come in here to argue or get scolded, but this is pretty much what it is now, by your own words.
  17. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,657 Messages
    685 Likes Received
    You seem a little confused. I just said it's rude to come into a thread and call other people names (be it happy fan/whiner) for stating their opinion and then you basically said the exact same thing.

I never said I was a model of anything either, I speak my mind and that's all. I don't appreciate being called a bad poster because I am critical of some aspect of the team, especially since I have never been one of those that finds fault with everything.

I don't consider 8-8 an improvement over 8-8, that doesn't make me an antagonist. It's my opinion and you're free to disagree, which you clearly do.

I don't even know what the rest of your post is in reference to. If you're not here to argue with someone, then don't come in and say everyone left on the board sucks and is an idiot because they see things differently. I don't see how that's so difficult to grasp.
  18. iceberg

27,963 Messages
    989 Likes Received
    i don't consider the final record to be the only way to judge a team.

clearly you do.

if i'm wrong there, then stop putting words in my mouth.

but enough, like you said, you talk in here, prepare for an argument and i'm just not gonna go there.

rage on.
  19. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,657 Messages
    685 Likes Received
    Nicely done. :rolleyes:
  20. justbob

justbob The Peacemaker Staff Member

6,700 Messages
    243 Likes Received
    I would advise everyone to back off the insults and get back to discussing thread or move on.