1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC.COM: Spagnola: Ultimatum Season For Romo

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jul 16, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,662 Messages
    6,399 Likes Received
    Mickey Spagnola
    DallasCowboys.com Columnist
    Email

IRVING, Texas – Without fail, it happens every summertime.

You know, about this time of year, after all the OTA practices and minicamps have been completed, during that NFL dead time before the late July start to training camp when teams are left holding their breath that one of their players won't show up on the ever-expanding police blotter we've seen over this past month with idle time at a premium for these guys.

Talkin' about the usual NFL calendar year, which includes the preseason, the regular season, the offseason and the annual pick-on-Tony-Romo-season.

After sufficiently clearing my mind a week ago standing on the Athabasca Glacier in Canada's Columbia Icefield, here is what I return to ... again, the majority instigated by national media perceptions mustered up from afar:

Tony Romo is on the hot seat.

The pressure is on Tony Romo.

Tony Romo better win this season or else ...

Or else what?

Read more: http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news.cfm?id=8242FE03-D0ED-BDB7-5D62725ED1F71B37
  2. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,098 Messages
    1,340 Likes Received
    I was about to post this exact article....and a really applicable one at that.

burma, see if you can find the Jerry quote on it...
  3. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,133 Messages
    2,226 Likes Received
    Dead on
    What a surprise for once
  4. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,098 Messages
    1,340 Likes Received
    Insult and drama isn't the only way to approach facts involved in change. Or levels of expectation. Serious does not imply punishment as well.

Still the concept, dominating and be replaced with delegating...and that goes with base emotion or view as well.
  5. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

18,064 Messages
    1,742 Likes Received
    Mick wants to criticize 'logic' and then posts this?

I guess you never heard of something called a trade Mick?

If the Cowboys scouting staff at the time had any clue about what a quality quarterback looked like, might they have packaged a few picks to go get Drew Brees?

Nah. That might have cost them Tony Dixon, or Willie Blade, or Markus Steele, or Matt Lehr, or any of the other gems they unearthed that year.

The situation speaks more to the incompetence on display in the front office more than anything else.

As for the actual Romo topic?

He's right about that anyway. If anything, I think Romo's getting an extension.
  6. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,133 Messages
    2,226 Likes Received
    Pretty amazing that everyone passed on Bree's in the 1st rd. Of course they did it several rounds with Brady (and Romo for that matter).
  7. Trendnet

Trendnet Active Member

729 Messages
    34 Likes Received

If Drew Brees first three seasons with the Cowboys were like his first 3 at San Diego, he would've been run out of town with everyone calling him a bust.

There is a reason why the Chargers got Philip Rivers after Brees first 3 seasons. He of the more interceptions than touchdowns, barely 6 YPA and a 10 and 17 starting record.

Cowboys fans complain about Tony Romo NOW... I can only imagine what they would've said about Brees if he were with the Cowboys.