1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC.COM: Spare Change? Eatman: With Changes On Way, Here's My (0-and) 2 cents

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Sep 22, 2010.

1. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,686 Messages
    2,705 Likes Received
    Nick Eatman

IRVING, Texas - Winless after two games, you expect something to happen around here.

Changes to be made! Well, head coach Wade Phillips said everything is being evaluated. There will be some personnel changes, philosophical changes, maybe even some logistical and scheduling changes

Who knows? I mean, when it's 0-2 you've got to mix it up, right?

LINK to article
  2. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,204 Messages
    606 Likes Received
    Throw to Witten early and often, use Felix to attack inside and outside(by way of the pitch)where he can move in space. Near the goaline, bring in MB3 and run play action to Dez. Game over.

Oh yea, instill some discipline and KISS
  3. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,663 Messages
    422 Likes Received
    I totally agree with Nick ....
  4. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,119 Messages
    742 Likes Received
    Out of all the post in the last week and all of the solutions and arm chair QB's I've heard...this is the best solution I've read.

It makes perfect sense. Go back and watch the Pro-Bowl last year when Garrett was the OC. It's almost like we are in the same situation, minus the super talent in a pro-bowl. We need to get back to basics and get the ball to our bread and butter.

It's Garretts job to figure this thing out and hopefully he will read this from Eatman.

No this isn't the 90's team in the least bit, but this team does have talent. They are just using it wrong. Go to Irvin...pass to Novachek, and run with Emmitt (we don't have an Emmitt, but who does??). Mix in some Kmart and Harper every once in a while. It can be done, and if it happens..this team will take off offensively IMO.
  5. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,577 Messages
    531 Likes Received
    Wow, great article. I think every single one of those suggestions could be a good solution.
  6. Bach

Bach Benched

7,645 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Really makes you wonder what they were doing all summer leading up the season.
  7. dmq

dmq If I'm so pretty, why am I available?

6,793 Messages
    157 Likes Received
    I thought change was happening against the Bears w/ Wade participating more in the play calling.
  8. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,148 Messages
    1,776 Likes Received
    i agree

this is not a time to make drastic wholesale changes
    if you watch the bears game, the team generally played well, the problem was the occasional miscues, penalties at inopportune times, which speak to lack of discipline and focus.

these issues are correctable with the right approach and minor 'tweaking'.

if we win this week, and i think that we can, then we can make real strides.
    if we lose... that is another story.
  9. ologan

ologan Well-Known Member

3,656 Messages
    169 Likes Received
    About the best reading on the problem I've seen in awhile. We've got all these weapons.....but alas,only one football.
  10. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

27,907 Messages
    3,858 Likes Received
    Wow. Great article.
    Much of it isn't new around here, but it's all right on. Love the idea of exploring putting one of the rookie safeties at nickle ILB.
  11. te0002

te0002 Member

820 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I never thought much of Mr. Eatman's work, but this article seems spot on.

Focus on the reliable playmakers, KISS.

On D - if Lee isn't going to contribute this season - or at least until much later - bring one of the big safeties in the nickel. I would add I'd like to see some other LB's step up and give Brooking/James some rest in the base D as well.