1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC.com: Strong Start, But Williams' Approach Doesn't Change

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by CCBoy, Sep 30, 2010.

1. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

16,688 Messages
    1,138 Likes Received
    Same Route
    Strong Start, But Williams' Approach Doesn't Change
    Rob Phillips
    DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news.cfm?id=64E56D78-C3BF-4D61-7A6977CDA5E73B66

Williams' 191 receiving yards rank second on the team through three games.

IRVING, Texas - Roy Williams has earned game balls for top performances before. He does have a Pro Bowl and a 1,000-yard season (2006 with the Detroit Lions) on his résumé, after all.

In that sense, head coach Wade Phillips handing Williams a game ball for last Sunday's win in Houston wasn't a revelation. But the message behind Phillips' reward says more about the Cowboys' embattled receiver than his game-high 117 yards and two touchdowns.

"Even when the media or the people came in and praised him for a big game, he said, 'I'm just a part of the team and I'm just trying to do my best,'" Phillips told reporters Thursday, relaying a similar point he made to the entire team before their final practice of the bye week....
  2. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,980 Messages
    1,364 Likes Received
    He always says the right thing, and I'm glad he kept doing that after a big game. Say what you want, but he does seem to have a good head on his shoulders.
  3. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,628 Messages
    4,730 Likes Received
    Rob Phillips
    DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer
    Email | Follow robphillips3 on Twitter

IRVING, Texas - Roy Williams has earned game balls for top performances before. He does have a Pro Bowl and a 1,000-yard season (2006 with the Detroit Lions) on his resume after all.

In that sense, head coach Wade Phillips handing Williams a game ball for last Sunday's win in Houston wasn't a revelation. But the message behind Phillips' reward says more about the Cowboys' embattled receiver than his game-high 117 yards and two touchdowns.

"Even when the media or the people came in and praised him for a big game, he said, 'I'm just a part of the team and I'm just trying to do my best,'" Phillips told reporters Thursday, relaying a similar point he made to the entire team before their final practice of the bye week.

Read more: http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news.cfm?id=64E56D78-C3BF-4D61-7A6977CDA5E73B66
  4. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Williams is balling... Three legit WR's will spell problems for the rest of the NFL.