1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC.COM: TE Switch: Rucker Signed To 53; Chandler Cut (Notes)

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Dec 1, 2010.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,119 Messages
    6,907 Likes Received
    Nick Eatman
    DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer
    Email | Follow nickeatman on Twitter

IRVING, Texas - The Cowboys made another roster move Wednesday, changing out the third tight end. The team cut Scott Chandler and will replace him with Martin Rucker, who has spent the season on the practice squad. The Cowboys called up Chandler from the practice squad on Sept. 24 and he's played the last nine games, mostly on special teams but also as a third tight end and blocking fullback.

Rucker, an All-American tight end at Missouri, is more of a pass-catching threat. He'll likely play on special teams, but could figure into the offense more Sunday in Indianapolis.

Read more: http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news.cfm?id=A47032FA-9DDC-C770-5CA4F5E2ABCEC110
  2. Angus

Angus Active Member

5,064 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Thanks, WG.

:)
  3. Iago33

Iago33 Well-Known Member

1,456 Messages
    57 Likes Received
    Instead of giving Choice increased carries, we are going with a three tight-end formation. Brilliant!
  4. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,051 Messages
    2,955 Likes Received
    Where do you get that idea? Barber is down for at least 2 weeks. That means Choice will pick up his carries. This is a move about TE, not RB or the running game.
  5. Iago33

Iago33 Well-Known Member

1,456 Messages
    57 Likes Received
    Maybe I should have thrown in the wink smiley. It was a joke. I was making fun of all the angst about Choice not getting carries and the grand conspiracy against him. I'm sure there's some connection to Barber's injury in the promotion of Rucker ;)

[I figured the connection was preposterous enough to carry the sarcasm without extra signals, but this board has been crazy lately}