1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC.COM: Tempers Flare As Final Practice In San Diego Proves Physical

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Aug 21, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,204 Messages
    5,763 Likes Received
    Josh Ellis
    DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer

SAN DIEGO – Both Jason Garrett and Norv Turner bragged about the focused mentality of their teams in Monday’s joint practice, two days after a preseason game, but things got a little more heated on Tuesday.

Particularly in the matchup between the Cowboys offense and the Chargers defense, the action was physical. The scrappiness began when rookie tight end Andrew Szczerba[IMG] got locked up with San Diego’s first-round linebacker, Melvin Ingram, the two trading shoves and wrestling one another to the ground before finally being separated.

When the units began a no-tackling red zone drill, the Chargers started laying the wood to Cowboys receivers. Safety Atari Bigby got a clean shot on rookie Danny Coale[IMG], then cornerback Quentin Jammer de-cleated Dwayne Harris[IMG] at the goal line, knocking off his helmet.

“He caught me right in the chin. My face still hurts a little bit. But I’ll get a little ice on it. I’ll be OK,” Harris said after the practice. “I definitely think it was a cheap shot. I wasn’t looking. I turned my head and gott a helmet to the chin. But he’s a competitor. He’s trying to make a play, just like I was and everybody else was out there. I don’t blame him for it. He’s a competitor. It’s football. You take hits and get up and go to the next play.”

Read the rest: http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/a...Physical/b186a9f4-3e91-47e3-a935-2478add913a8